We had a fantastic short stay at the Divani Apollon, and wish we could have stayed for longer. We were very pleased that we chose this hotel, as the facilities and the food at the hotel were very good. We thoroughly enjoyed lazing by the 2 beautiful outdoor pools all day, and the staff are welcoming, helpful, and friendly.
The pools are large and clean, and there are special shallow child-friendly areas within both main pools. We spent most of our time poolside, as the beach is fairly small, and as it is a mainly public beach (the private area of the hotel is quite small), the sand is not that clean. If you get there early, the sun-loungers on the grass of the private beach are nice, and the sea is lovely to swim in. There are always plenty of sun-loungers by the pools, and we never had trouble getting a space.
The food of the Meltemi Poolside snack bar was very tasty, and our dinner at Mythos of the Sea (the hotel's restaurant) was amazing. Breakfast is OK - it is basic buffet breakfast fare, and the restaurant seemed very busy at times, with the waiting staff leaving our plates to pile up on the side of our table.
There is a good (free) Wi-Fi connection throughout the hotel, and there is a shuttle to Syntagma Square and back, but keep in mind that it doesn't run on Sundays! There is also a shuttle to Glyfada, but I was informed by reception that there is currently no shuttle back from there. A taxi called by the hotel will incur an extra 5 euro charge on top of the taxi fare, so it might be cheaper to walk to the main road and hail one yourself.
One thing that I felt was missing from the room, was tea-making facilites. Our room was opposite the laundry(?) room on level 6, and whilst our door blocked out most of the noise, there was still an audible, faint rumbling that would stop, then start again. However, we did not have any trouble sleeping, and it was not a big problem for us (though it might be for light sleepers).
Our flight left at 9pm on our last day, so on request, a very friendly member of staff at reception kindly arranged late check-out (complimentary until 3.30pm), and gave us an access card to use the showers in the indoor pool/gym area. This meant that we could still maximise the rest of our holiday time by swimming and lounging in the sun, and still board the plane clean and refreshed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort and member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Divani Apollon & Thalasso is beautifully located on the Athenian Riviera, in Vouliagmeni. Guests choose Apollon Palace & Thalasso for its magnificent beachfront location, proximity to Athens (only 18 km away), and the leisure facilities. Athens SPA and Thalasso Centre counts with 3,500 sq m of wellness space. The hotel also offers private sandy beach, complimentary umbrellas & sun beds, water sport facilities, outdoor pools, fitness centre, sauna, gardens and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divani Apollon Palace And Spa
- Divani Apollon Palace Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Divani Apollon Palace Athens
- Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso Greece/Vouliagmeni