“Not to be repeated... But depends on your circumstances”

Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Vouliagmeni
“Not to be repeated... But depends on your circumstances”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We just spent 10 days in Divani hotel for family reunion and Easter break. We travel with a one-year old and this drives a lot how we felt about this holiday. On the positive side, the hotel staff is incredibly helpful and responsive and does deserve a 5 star rating. The rest does not. The one word to describe is noisy. It you are unlucky enough to have uneven room number prepare to listen to every car passing by. And the are beeping for no reason - Greek style driving. There are dozen of homeless dogs outside the hotel so in the middle of the night you might wake up thinking one is in your room. There is an incredibly beautiful tiny church next to hotel, but unfortunately with a very loud service daily... After 2 days suffering we managed to change the rooms to pool side and that did increase our spirits significantly. Unfortunately internal sound isolation is really poor as well. We could hear our neighbours loud and clear in the bathroom. It smelled smoke every time they lit a cigarette inside (bizarre should be forbidden). Finally in preparation for season there were many works in the hotel - so hammering and paint smell in the corridor was a norm. All and all the hotel with very good potential - location, swimming pool area - but outdated and not well kept. We were really surprised that it is part of 'leading hotels...' May be it was in 2004 but time has passed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Traveller T
DivanisCollection, General Manager at Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest

We are sorry that your stay with us was not as memorable as we would like it to be

All your comments have been noted and shared with our staff. However please note that the daily service of the church was only due to Easter period. Usually it operates every Sunday. Further more we are sorry you were in the period of high mentainance of the hotel due to summer season which is our high season as well

We really hope we will have the chance to accommodate you again in our property in a better timing

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This five-star hotel lies in the shore of Bouliagmeni's sea, proud of its services, infrastructures, its history and the experienced stuff. It is capable to hospital many people, offering them excellent quality of services. Experience there was amazing and absolutely spectacular,i still remember the sense of spa and the view to the church of Saint Nikolaos

2 Thank SirNikolaos
Anderlues
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I spent one week in this Divani hotel for business reasons ( week March 16)

As usual, i'll write my review in swot form.
I am rating "average" because tripadvisor doesn't allow me to choose " good"…
For a reason in never understood - the rating jumps from " average" to "very good" … strange…
So decided to generate my own " good " rating -)-)-

Strengths :
- Close to the airport - only 25' minutes, and no need to worry about the Athens traffic jams..
- Just upfront the beach - some good restaurants within a 15' walk range
- Comfortable, quit, big rooms
- Internet works well ( plse see comments below though…)
- Friendly staff
- Food overall is good, except for breakfast. ( breakfast is not 5* but a good 3 or a 4)

Weaknesses :
- Hotel management applying ridiculous and old fashioned rules : example : Passing through the bar - asking for a drink to take to your room - this drink being being refused because quote : " if you need a drink in your room, jut call room- service sir " ( wake up Divani, this is 2014-)-)
- Price for internet : 15€ a day… ( wake up again guys, and please don't " over-promess but under- deliver. This comment is recurrent and the staff should really take it serious )
- Mini bar prices : way above what is reasonable for service/package delivered

Opportunities :
- see above

Threats :
- There are a couple of things in the "Weaknesses" list that might make me hesitate to book the hotel again… especially the internet rate just seems a thing from another century..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank castorateur
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've been there more than 10 times. Amazing view, great service marvellous view.
You have so many things can add to your happiness... many restaurants, pretty close to glyfada if you care for drinks and great hiking paths next to the see.... Should go

Room Tip: amazing view from the suites
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexiaklm
Orleans, France
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed a lot of times in this hotel and its always good. When I checked in the woman on reception (new) was a little rude, and not the usual friendly reception, I ended up in a smoking room and with an adjoining door, neither of which I like, but when I asked to be moved I was moved to an upgraded room so no complaints. We had a meeting there for 30 people and it was very well arranged, good food and good help from the conference staff. As usual I would recommend. Wifi should be free though!

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the church side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I lost counting how many times I stayed in this hotel... It might be a bit boring when it comes what I need to write about this hotel but as a senior contributor on tripadvisor and duty calls I have to say my opinion whenever I travel or stay in a hotel regardless how many times I stayed in...
This is one of the best hotels you can stay in whenever you are looking to city proximity and overlooking the sea...
Great location
Great view
Excellent people
Excellent breakfast
If you are looking for a cozy place stay at Divano Apollon

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I love this hotel, I have gone back and stayed there many times often choosing it over the Astir Palace, W hotel nearby which is considered to be more exclusive. The rooms are a decent size and the decor is really nothing special, but they are spotlessly clean. The swimming pools are vast and the spa is like a marble cavernous space in the lower ground floor-a huge surprise and extremely sumptuous. I love the ambience of the surrounding area. The beach is lovely, the local tavernas across the road are great and I love the tiny little church across the road which one can hear a 'litouryia" church service from the balcony every evening and Sunday morning. Not to worry for those who don't like the idea, if the balcony doors are closed you cannot hear it!
HOWEVER.......
when I last visited a few things were disappointing. A faulty drawer fell on my son's foot and damaged his toe substantially , we needed numerous hospital visits and procedures to fix it and it meant that he couldn't swim for the rest of the holiday. The hotel staff didnt seem to care and did not offer any compensation. All three rooms had the same low, heavy and deep old drawer.
No free wifi as a rule-what decade are we in????????
The Thalassotherapy pool is not free
There were a few power cuts during our stay

I would still go back though, I love the place despite its short comings!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Omorfo-cy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vouliagmeni
The Margi
Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments
Grand Resort Lagonissi
Grand Resort Lagonissi
#1 of 1 in Lagonisi

Been to Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso? Share your experiences!