My boyfriend and I stayed at the Divani Apollon Palace for four nights. I am going to start with the positive things and work my way to the negative ones!
First of all, the hotel is very clean, the decoration in the rooms might be a little outdated but it is really well preserved and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the TVs have a built in media player!
The pools were really clean as well!
The staff is really friendly, especially Mr.Panagiotakis (at the restaurant) and Ms.Anila (one of the house keepers)!
On to the negative things...
When you go to a 5* hotel you expect someone to take your luggage and show you to your room. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Not that I cannot find a room or carry my own luggage, I'm just stating what is expected from such a hotel.
The beach is nice but I would have liked a space with loungers that would be under shade the whole day. I have really pale, sensitive skin which resulted in my moving around my lounger all day to avoid the sun.
Secondly, the mini bar prices and the prices of food (we had booked half board but I checked the prices on the room service catalogue) are simply outrageous! I think it was around 16 euros for a club sandwich! Well... no... just no.
The aforementioned, I could live with, the worst part - though - was the food. The buffet had quite a variety but the quality of the cooking was below average. I'm sure the quality of the food itself was good but the cooking was not. The meat had been overcooked, the potatoes undercooked or left too long to cool down and went soggy etc. Desserts were also too sweet and far below average as well. This was the only thing I was really dissappointed about. I have stayed in four other 5* hotels in the past year and nowhere was the food that bad.
Breakfast, on the other hand, was really good! I really don't know what was going on with the dinner buffet!
My advice is to book your room (because you will enjoy it) but just not book half board and prefer to eat somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort and member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Divani Apollon & Thalasso is beautifully located on the Athenian Riviera, in Vouliagmeni. Guests choose Apollon Palace & Thalasso for its magnificent beachfront location, proximity to Athens (only 18 km away), and the leisure facilities. Athens SPA and Thalasso Centre counts with 3,500 sq m of wellness space. The hotel also offers private sandy beach, complimentary umbrellas & sun beds, water sport facilities, outdoor pools, fitness centre, sauna, gardens and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divani Apollon Palace And Spa
- Divani Apollon Palace Hotel Vouliagmeni
- Divani Apollon Palace Athens
- Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso Greece/Vouliagmeni