All reviews rooms were very clean sea view bus stop star hotel tickets personnel convenience beach greece airport athens transport metro road shops
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My husband, son (16) and I stayed at Galini Palace for three nights in April. We liked the location with the bus stop right outside and caught the bus from Athens Airport. Our first impression of Greece was great as a man on the bus heard us speaking English and befriended us and told the driver to stop at the Galini bus stop. On leaving the bus numerous people called out to wish us a great holiday etc.
Next day we bused into Athens and another day to Piraeus. Bus tickets were extremely cheap. The view was lovely from our room and we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with a glass of wine after walking around the sites in Athens. The traffic noise did not really bother us.
We walked to Voula centre each night (only a few minutes away) and chose a different restaurant each night. If we went in summer we would have liked to have checked out the eating places that were actually on the beach. The beach itself was not that spectacular - a bit rocky.
Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. If we go back we will stay there again as it was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle of Athens city but still in easy reach.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
10  Thank sooty54
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We were looking for a hotel next to the beach with cheap, frequent transport to Athens. This place cannot be beat.
You take the X96 bus directly there from the airport and then can take the A2 bus to Athens for 80 cents or the A1 to Piraeus for the same price. They run from 5:30am to midnight at frequent intervals.

The people are very nice. The room was big with a balcony and the AC worked! The breakfast was copious and good. They can arrange tours and car rental. Parking is free.

We booked with a last minute provider for 89 Euros/night.

Bring plastic shoes for the beach.

The town of Voula is around the corner with many tavernas, a wonderful bakery, Meurice, and a small food shop. Not touristy at all. Lots of grandparents with grandkids visiting from overseas for the summer. We liked Antonio's tavern.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank carrieae1
Reviewed January 16, 2008

I was searching for a beach hotel close to Voula and I bumped into the hotel's site.The site was simple to navigate,with nice pictures,plain and understandable.I made a booking and I got my confirmation in a few seconds.I specifically asked a non-smoking room and sea-view facing and that was exactly the one that I was given.Although the hotel is not part of any international chain or a well-known brand name, however I really liked it because everything that the client would want the staff was ready to satisfy it.The internet access was good and at no cost,the breakfast was nice,the room comfortable and clean.The hotel is close also to Kavouri and Vouliagmeni(only 1 km away),where many beaches are located.Alternatively, you can try going to Voula's beach(50 metres).All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax while having a nice time too.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
11  Thank nickAthens
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Me and my wife needed to find a hotel close to Astir Palace hotel in Vouliagmeni in order to be able to attend a meeting.I was informed about Galini Palace by some friends who had already stayed there.I contacted the property directly and I made a booking.The hotel lived up to our expectations.Small but friendly,spacious and clean rooms,free and unlimited wireless internet access(very important for us!),exquisite sea-view and relaxing atmoshpere.The room was decorated in a modern style and was cosy.The only bad thing was that we had to go back to Thessaloniki after the end of our company's meeting.We will surely return again at our earliest convenience.My special thanks to the staff who was very helpful and smiling!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
10  Thank Warl0RD
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The hotel that the travel agent proposed me was a very good choice.I was looking forward to spend my winter holidays to a nice place away from the noisy Athens.Galini Palace was the ideal place that me and my wife were looking for.The facilities were great,the welcome was warm and the sense of being in a friendly environment were amog the hotel's advantages.Everyone was ready to cater for all our needs.We stayed in room 210 and I must admit that the sea-view was magnificent.It was so relaxing to enjoy our coffee while feeling the breeze,smelling the fresh air. I will definitely visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple