Made booking for one night after a late flight to Athens. Car hire taken care of, we eventually arrived after following the HI website directions which were inaccurate. It said 'after the rest area turn right'; it should have said 'turn off at the rest area'!
The hotel was spotlessly clean and the gentleman on reception was really friendly and courteous.
We were on the 6th floor and fortunately the room was air conditioned, which was more than can be said for the main areas and the baking hot 'oven' lift! Though this was September and the Greeks probably thought it was now winter, not for Northern Europeans!
The room was very clean and tidy though typical over priced everything, which has become part of the norm for chain, business expense paid hotels. The man at reception was really helpful and showed me all the offers for Priority members. The swimming pool was deserted but very inviting and again spotlessly clean.
There is a little shop at the petrol station opposite the hotel for the odd emergency snack.
A great night's sleep and well worth the overnight stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece