Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
TripAdvisor
1,088 results
All reviewsfree shuttlegas stationshuttle serviceevery hournext morningan early flightminute ridethe hotel is cleanbusiness centerstayed one nightmini barindoor poolrental carthe hotel offersshort stayan overnight stayrooms are large
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ubnfortunately booked and paid for 'airport hotel' to be close for early flight to Istanbul - and wont make it for the 7 a m flight if we waited for the airport bus. Unfortunately did not realise this and emailed hotel re transport. They replied that I could get a taxi for 35 euros. Hello. I would have stayed downtown instead of being ripped off! Do they think we stay at an airport hotel for ambience. Not!!! It is 40 euros to be picked up in Athens by a driver with a placard and taken direct to our downtown hotel. I will never ever stay with Holiday Inn again .. anywhere .. If I had not prepaid I would rather go anywhere else but the Holiday Airport Not Hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mippy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear mippy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the for the inconvenience the hotel to airport transportation may have caused you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was hoping to stay at the Holiday close to the airport in Athens in early April as we had a 6:15 AM plane to catch to Frankfurt. When I went to book the hotel I was informed that the advertised free shuttle didn't begin until 6:30. Fortunatley I did ask ahead of time what time the shuttle start running to be safe and avoided a travel disaster. This means it is not servicing over 35 flights that require early check in. They advertise that they are an "Airport Hotel". While I realize that this may not be as profitable by running lower-capacity shuttles; I feel that the customer orientated hotels go that extra step for their loyal customers are the one worth my business. Too bad Holiday... you're missing the boat at building your customer first reputation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CowichanConnoisseur
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Fishpond20,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have just here for training course of Olympian. The room is good enough and meals is OK. I will go back to this hotel when will arrive Athens.

Receptionist is helpful and informative. They have visitor desk with full information about Athens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top to get away from noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AntonioT237
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Close to the airport. Arrived 1.00 am. Staff very helpful. Room was spacious and comfortable. Good bathroom. Staff gave information about the bus into Athens the following morning, it stops outside the hotel and only costs 5 Euros. I would use this hotel again under similar circumstances but too far from Athens for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. The rooms are very clean but basic, beds a bit firm for me but might suit others. Shower was really powerful. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Lunch was a little better, Greek salad was really good but pasta was once again just ok. where this hotel stands out is its staff. Reception staff were really helpful in directing us into the city centre. Very knowledgable with transport options. Couldn't have done without them really!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear mart10,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us feedback. I am very happy to know that you found the service of our staff to be at par with your needs. I really appreciate your comments as this gives us motivation to do better with what we can offer to our guests. I hope we get the chance of hosting you again at a future date.

Again, thank you and see you soon at our property!

Best Regards,