“Great Hotel for one night stay for connecting at airport”

Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paiania
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We flew in later afternoon and had an early flight to Islands next day. Rather than rushing same day we picked the HI as its convient to airport. Front desk host Kostos was super nice and arranged for us dinner in the area! Would reccomend!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank PattyCHIGO
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ubnfortunately booked and paid for 'airport hotel' to be close for early flight to Istanbul - and wont make it for the 7 a m flight if we waited for the airport bus. Unfortunately did not realise this and emailed hotel re transport. They replied that I could get a taxi for 35 euros. Hello. I would have stayed downtown instead of being ripped off! Do they think we stay at an airport hotel for ambience. Not!!! It is 40 euros to be picked up in Athens by a driver with a placard and taken direct to our downtown hotel. I will never ever stay with Holiday Inn again .. anywhere .. If I had not prepaid I would rather go anywhere else but the Holiday Airport Not Hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mippy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear mippy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the for the inconvenience the hotel to airport transportation may have caused you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was hoping to stay at the Holiday close to the airport in Athens in early April as we had a 6:15 AM plane to catch to Frankfurt. When I went to book the hotel I was informed that the advertised free shuttle didn't begin until 6:30. Fortunatley I did ask ahead of time what time the shuttle start running to be safe and avoided a travel disaster. This means it is not servicing over 35 flights that require early check in. They advertise that they are an "Airport Hotel". While I realize that this may not be as profitable by running lower-capacity shuttles; I feel that the customer orientated hotels go that extra step for their loyal customers are the one worth my business. Too bad Holiday... you're missing the boat at building your customer first reputation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CowichanConnoisseur
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Fishpond20,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have just here for training course of Olympian. The room is good enough and meals is OK. I will go back to this hotel when will arrive Athens.

Receptionist is helpful and informative. They have visitor desk with full information about Athens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top to get away from noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AntonioT237
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Close to the airport. Arrived 1.00 am. Staff very helpful. Room was spacious and comfortable. Good bathroom. Staff gave information about the bus into Athens the following morning, it stops outside the hotel and only costs 5 Euros. I would use this hotel again under similar circumstances but too far from Athens for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. The rooms are very clean but basic, beds a bit firm for me but might suit others. Shower was really powerful. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Lunch was a little better, Greek salad was really good but pasta was once again just ok. where this hotel stands out is its staff. Reception staff were really helpful in directing us into the city centre. Very knowledgable with transport options. Couldn't have done without them really!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear mart10,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us feedback. I am very happy to know that you found the service of our staff to be at par with your needs. I really appreciate your comments as this gives us motivation to do better with what we can offer to our guests. I hope we get the chance of hosting you again at a future date.

Again, thank you and see you soon at our property!

Best Regards,

Pam G.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one night because I had an early flight the next day. This is not a hotel if you want to visit Athens because it is about 30 minutes outside the city. It is just off the freeway and there is really nothing of interest around it. There is a free shuttle to the airport which I took. It leaves every half hour.

Nothing really exciting about this hotel. It seems to have a nautical theme - the windows are round like a boat. My room and bathroom were clean. I slept ok. I had room service - just a Greek salad and some fruit. It was good and came quickly. Breakfast was in the bar area downstairs. The staff were very attentive but the breakfast was only "meh". Nothing really Greek - just the usual over processed, sugary type of stuff with some eggs and bacon thrown in. This hotel is good for one night if you have to be at the airport but I wouldn't recommend it for a vacation trip - it is too far from downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IntlTrainer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear IntlTrainer,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the poor breakfast selection. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paiania
Avra Rafina
#1 of 1 in Rafina
Hilton Athens
#17 of 282 in Athens
Thissio / Makriyanni
The Athens Gate Hotel
The Athens Gate Hotel
#14 of 282 in Athens

Been to Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West? Share your experiences!