I arrived at the airport at 19.30 and needed to be back at the airport at 17.00 the following day. Travelling alone, with a general transport strike, what on earth can you do at the airport with 20 hours to kill? Well, if you like keeping fit and relaxing, stay at the Holiday Inn! The shuttle bus took me to the hotel and because I had eaten earlier I went straight to my room without dinner in the restaurant. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable and Oh joy, there was a kettle and tea and coffee, so I was happy. I do admit to eating the crisps from the mini-bar!
The next day, I spent the morning in the gym, swimming pool and sauna, relaxing in my room and finally leaving around 14.30. The delightful front of house staff had offered me a late check-out when I explained my situation. The only mistake was that I ate a rather revolting salad at the airport whereas I should have eaten at the hotel restaurant before I left.
So, to recap - I did not eat at the hotel at all so cannot comment on the food/room service but the front-of-house staff were excellent and the gym facilities super.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece