New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West

Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paiania
San Francisco, California
“Ten Minutes To The Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Large clean just off the motorway to the airport. This is very convenient with a free shuttle bus to the airport every half hour. Rooms are medium sized, very clean and comfortable. Wifi costs and if you ask they will give an extra login for a second unit at no extra cost. We didn't have breakfast as the cost was rather steep € 17 each so we had something at the airport for a fraction of the cost.
Would I stay there again....yes as a convenient stop off for the airport this works well but only for that purpose. Not a long stay proposition.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Because I missed my connecting flight fron 7.45 pm to Heraklion - my fault: right time, wrong gate - my first inclination was to cross the street and book a room at the Sofitel. But a helpful Aegean employee advised me to get on the local shuttle bus to Athens for a fifteen minute ride to the nearby Holiday Inn, which would save me a lot of money. ( She could have told me about the hotel's free shuttle service, but she didn't, so I got on the bus.)

So I only stayed one (short) night at the Holiday Inn and there's really nothing to complain about: staff was very friendly, rooms are spatious and clean, breakfast tasted fine (specially for someone who never eats beakfast) and yes, at 6.30 the next morning the shuttle service was waiting outside the entrance and brought us in 10 minutes back to the airport.

I know where I'll stay the next time I miss a flight in Athens.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel location is out of the Airport (10-15 min drive) if you take a taxi make sure you negotiate the price before, the shuttle time table is in the picture i have attached.
the hotel is nice, big and looks new. internet is good (9eur a day) and will allow only 1 device! how ever got a solution for that from the reception,
the room is big and clean, the TV is an old one and small.
breakfast is very good, big variety.
also there is a small Gym, the big issue with the Gym is that there is no water for drink, you need to get your own, never had this any other place.
there is a gas station by the hotel, you can buy there water and small things to eat.
nothing to do in the hotel area, is an industrial area, you have to take a taxi or bus to the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank John_TLV
Glossa, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Holiday Inn is the only place near Athens Airport apart from the on-site Sofitel which is quite a bit more expensive. Comfort was good, particularly the beds, but there were a couple of niggles. First, they charged 10 euros per day for internet access. This seems ridiculous, when practically every little taverna in the tiny Greek village where I live has free internet access. Then to top it off they wanted to charge another 6 euros for a 'second' device. We had a double room, occupied by myself and my husband. I wonder which of us they assumed had a computer? The room was also very hot and there was no way to turn the air conditioning below about 28 degrees - not exactly sleeping temperature. Would not recommend, except if you have to stay near the airport there isn't much choice at the moment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Paiania hotels

Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there the night before a flight to the UK. The dining room is really a fast food court as the food comes out just a few minutes after you have ordered it! It just has to be par cooked before hand! The rooms are great, which is the redeeming feature. The bar charges are horrendous. I have been to some pricey joints but this one beats the lot. The food service is strange. It's the only place I have been to where the food and the cheque comes to you at the same time! Very strange!! If it wasn't for the food/bar issues, I would have rated this hotel at a 5, but I am sorry that's not to be!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for just one night in November 2012. The room was a decent size, and the king size bed was very comfortable. The shower was large and clean. However, the room itself was so uncomfortably hot that no one was able to sleep much the entire night. We called down to ask if there was any way we could make the room cooler, but were told that it was a hotel setting that could not change.

The only other odd thing was that the room did not have an alarm clock! We did notice that this seemed to be the norm around Greece in general (we stayed in apartments), but I thought every hotel would have an alarm clock. We asked for a wake up call since our flight was very early, and they did call us right on time.

I wish I could recommend this hotel, but based on the fact that it was too hot too sleep, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Angie55,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. It is a great pleasure to read you liked the comfortable bed and received an on time wake up call. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the discomfort you have experienced due to the room temperature and room amenities. I will make sure your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and to provide you with a wonderful experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Before starting on a driving trip in Greece, we booked our first night at the Athens Airport Holiday Inn. We called the hotel after collecting our bags to determine the area where the free shuttle parks to load passengers, and within a short period of time we were off to the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is a good 15 minute drive from the airport, which was a little surprising (since there is at least one hotel actually located on the airport property). Nonetheless, we were very happy with our room, which seemed very modern and spacious, especially in comparison to hotels we had booked on the same trip in France. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was very good and reasonably priced (try the Greek salad, fried cheese and Moussaka) along with very efficient service. In spite of the distance from the airport, the Holiday Inn-Athens Airport is a good bet. Wifi is free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck_F65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paiania
Sofitel Athens Airport
Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika
Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika
#1 of 10 in Kifisia
4.5 of 5 stars 396 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West? Share your experiences!