Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast(Paiania)(Great Value!)
$88
$154
$138
Priceline
1,089 results
All reviewsfree shuttlegas stationshuttle serviceevery hournext morningan early flightminute ridethe hotel is cleanbusiness centerstayed one nightmini barindoor poolrental carthe hotel offersshort stayan overnight stayrooms are large
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed there the night before a flight to the UK. The dining room is really a fast food court as the food comes out just a few minutes after you have ordered it! It just has to be par cooked before hand! The rooms are great, which is the redeeming feature. The bar charges are horrendous. I have been to some pricey joints but this one beats the lot. The food service is strange. It's the only place I have been to where the food and the cheque comes to you at the same time! Very strange!! If it wasn't for the food/bar issues, I would have rated this hotel at a 5, but I am sorry that's not to be!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for just one night in November 2012. The room was a decent size, and the king size bed was very comfortable. The shower was large and clean. However, the room itself was so uncomfortably hot that no one was able to sleep much the entire night. We called down to ask if there was any way we could make the room cooler, but were told that it was a hotel setting that could not change.

The only other odd thing was that the room did not have an alarm clock! We did notice that this seemed to be the norm around Greece in general (we stayed in apartments), but I thought every hotel would have an alarm clock. We asked for a wake up call since our flight was very early, and they did call us right on time.

I wish I could recommend this hotel, but based on the fact that it was too hot too sleep, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Angie55,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. It is a great pleasure to read you liked the comfortable bed and received an on time wake up call. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the discomfort you have experienced due to the room temperature and room amenities. I will make sure your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and to provide you with a wonderful experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Before starting on a driving trip in Greece, we booked our first night at the Athens Airport Holiday Inn. We called the hotel after collecting our bags to determine the area where the free shuttle parks to load passengers, and within a short period of time we were off to the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is a good 15 minute drive from the airport, which was a little surprising (since there is at least one hotel actually located on the airport property). Nonetheless, we were very happy with our room, which seemed very modern and spacious, especially in comparison to hotels we had booked on the same trip in France. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was very good and reasonably priced (try the Greek salad, fried cheese and Moussaka) along with very efficient service. In spite of the distance from the airport, the Holiday Inn-Athens Airport is a good bet. Wifi is free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck_F65
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The best part of this hotel is the free shuttle from the airport. It goes downhill from there. There are no signs for the shuttle but eventually I found the parking lot for the pickup. Forget about the shuttle for the return trip if you have an early flight. Instead, plan on a 30 euro taxi fare.

The wifi is pricey, even with the 50% discount I get for premium status with ICH. Yikes. My executive room had a very old CRT TV. I expect this in the Motel 6's but not for 140 euros/night.

The service in the restaurant was very slow and somewhat surly. I caused a financial crisis when I presented my free drink coupon to settle part of my bill -- two managers had to get involved. Incredible.

This Holiday Inn and the Sofitel right at the airport are missing the thrill of competing for the traveling public's affection and budget. How is it that there are only two hotels anywhere near the airport anyway? Stick it to us out-of-towners -- we only vote with our wallets.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 3D_Voyager
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading previous reviews, I was quite worried about the shuttle service, especially because our flight into Athens arrived just after 9pm. Luckily, the shuttle service worked out perfectly for us both to and from the airport.
Shuttle: exit the airport from exit 5, turn right and walk a short ways to the sign that says "tourist buses". There is a parking lot to the right hand side where the shuttle comes (don't cross towards the main airport parking lot). It is dark green and says Holiday Inn and can fit 8 passengers. Ours departed within minutes of arriving. Not sure of the evening schedule but in the morning we were given the choice of departing at 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30am. Takes 10-15 minutes to get to the hotel.

No one else was checking in when we arrived and the process was quick and efficient.

Our room was very nice and modern, quiet, very comfortable bed and pillows. Had a good sleep.

Exercise room isn't fantastic but it's better than nothing. The tv is very poor though. Pool area looks nice but we didn't have a chance to use it.

We booked on hotwire and were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family