After reading previous reviews, I was quite worried about the shuttle service, especially because our flight into Athens arrived just after 9pm. Luckily, the shuttle service worked out perfectly for us both to and from the airport.
Shuttle: exit the airport from exit 5, turn right and walk a short ways to the sign that says "tourist buses". There is a parking lot to the right hand side where the shuttle comes (don't cross towards the main airport parking lot). It is dark green and says Holiday Inn and can fit 8 passengers. Ours departed within minutes of arriving. Not sure of the evening schedule but in the morning we were given the choice of departing at 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30am. Takes 10-15 minutes to get to the hotel.
No one else was checking in when we arrived and the process was quick and efficient.
Our room was very nice and modern, quiet, very comfortable bed and pillows. Had a good sleep.
Exercise room isn't fantastic but it's better than nothing. The tv is very poor though. Pool area looks nice but we didn't have a chance to use it.
We booked on hotwire and were very happy with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece