“Super location, really bad food”
Review of Akanthus

Akanthus
Ranked #176 of 259 Restaurants in Glyfada
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

OK so the location is one of the best in Athens. It's super nice. But the food... I mean really??? It's horrible. Everything is fried. It's on the beach and it doesn't even serve any fish (just salmon). The prices are reasonable for the location. It's best to go there for a drink rather than for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Akanthus

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant - club is located on the beach and the view and overall atmosphere is amazing!! You feel you're on an island while you're in Athens. We were very lucky since our table was the first near the beach so it was very peaceful and romantic. The food is great but there are not many dishes to choose from. The staff is average and the food came very late since they mixed our orders. It didn't bother me much because of the atmosphere, if it were anywhere else I'd be furious. It needs more lighting, only candles are not enough to see the menu and what you're eating.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

One of the most amazing places one can have a drink and relax, due to its location right on the beach. Its always crowded, the service is average and the food poor....but I rate with 4 because it is definitely one of the most beautiful places in Athens & it is like being in a holiday resort.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is good for its location, pretty ambience and cool music, but certainly for a good food.

I had a dish called Tartine which was a 250 gr filet steak served with grilled vegetables and fries. I ordered the meat medium rare, it however came medium done. No surprise here, being in Greece. The menu promised estragon sauce with it which was the main reason I chose the dish as this is rare to come by in this country. While the vegetables were nice, the fries were not (soggy and about 8 of them), and the sauce was anything but estragon, it was a plain brown gravy. My friend on the other hand had ordered veal and got his estragon sauce (he was nice enough to give me his sauce). I informed the waiter about this error. He returned with a smug look on his face stating the kitchen had told him that my dish was not served with estragon sauce. At that point I didn't have the menu at hand to show him otherwise. I did however later on when we ordered the overpriced cocktails. When he saw that my dish was supposed to be served with estragon sauce, he just said that it wasn't his fault, the kitchen told him so. How very forthcoming and professional. Needless to say they didn't offer a compensation. I paid the full €19 for the dish, so not worth it. I'd like to point out though that most of the dishes are reasonably priced and so are many good Greek wines.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The location is beautiful but the food is average. The service should improve too . . .in order to be a nice restaurant worth to visit. Next time i would go for just a drink there.