“A great hanging-out place.”
Review of Ache - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This used to be a cinema. The amphitheatre has been transformed into a beautiful event space and the lobby and outside space into a coffee shop and restaurant.

This is my hanging out place. I love the atmosphere, the space, the service and the coffee is one of the best I have had anywhere.

I have read some complaints about the food. It is true that a lot of venues in the area offer overpriced food at not equally good quality and I personally avoid them as a dining option. But, if you want to have coffee in a beautiful, place, with excellent atmosphere and service I recommend it without hesitation.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

not to many people!we went last fri and the place was near to empty!the waiter was a young guy who did'nt know many things about the sevice in a restaurant!the food was expencive compare to other places with similar facilities!forget it!try another place!

3  Thank Vaso S
Reviewed September 22, 2012

When arriving here you would not expect this place to have good food let alone great sushi. I always knew this place as a bar with good cocktails but expected the food to be typical overpriced Athenian wanna be trendy club restaurant fare. I had been recommended the sushi by friends but did not expect much from Ache. Service was good but not great, the wine list is over priced, not as adventurous as I would have liked and the menu deserves better companions. Thankfully there were some wines off the list with reasonable mark ups. Combination sushi with tempura shrimps & vegetables was surprisingly good, the tempura batter crispy crunchy yet light. The duck salad was a great side dish too. All in all the prices were good for the quality of the food and the fact that we were in Glyfada. If they could improve the rest of the menu and have more reasonable prices and varied selection on the wine list, this place would be truly great.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our beloved Egli cinema made into a bar.Staff is friendly,drinks are good and a very nice night vibe.The live shows are really good.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have been in Ache 6-7 times, but just for coffee, so I can write down a review of the food.
What I can say is that no tax receipt (bill) is being given on any table. This means a large scale tax evasion. It is totally unacceptable to me, while Greece is in the verge of default and since we, private sector employees cannot evade taxes.