“Good For the Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea View Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glyfada
“Good For the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a nice hotel in Glyfada Greece outside Athens, on the cost, the Greek Riviera.
The hotel was under construction on the top floor so we were on the 4th floor, a bit noise during the day. The staff was not very friendly at the front desk

Room Tip: Top Floor rear of building away from main road noice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my fiancé for a little break and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in the perfect location. The beach is just down and across the road and all of the shops and places to eat are just a short walk away. I didn't go myself but as my fiancé is from athens and she tells me that the bars on the beach are really good at night playing music with a really nice atmosphere during the summer months. There is a really great pool area with plenty of beds so you don't have to worry about not getting one. We also found the hotel extremely clean and well looked after. The only downsides that we found was 1. The check in time was 2pm and as I landed really early in the morning I was left without a room and they didn't try to get us in Alittle quicker which normally happens but they wouldn't budge. This left a bad first impression but they did provide us somewhere to put our bags so we just got changed and went round the pool which was not too bad. 2. Was very strange but there was no hair dryer which you normally find. 3. There is no free wi-fi (they do have internet in the hotel but you have too pay which is properly why there is no wi-fi) too be honest we didn't need it as we are on holiday and was doing things but we did need to check in online with the flights and didn't want to pay for the 2 hours when we only needed it for 5 mins so we found a bar with free wi-fi and had a quiet drink and did it there. These faults really are just being picky but it's good too keep in mind when considering the hotel. All in all We had a really great stay and 100% would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank james w
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is really good and clean, in a great location (close to beaches and Glyfada center) and in pleasant distance to Athens-Piraeus city center. We will definitely go and stay there again.

We left a bit early to catch the ferry so no comment on the breakfast, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was good. The only problem was, they didn't have an iron, but they have ironing services, so it may be good to bear in mind that it can take some time (Or maybe not, we didn't give to ironing, and did it at our friends house but worth mentioning.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in Aug 2013 and just getting around to write the review since I will probably book again this summer. I booked this hotel through hotels.com a week before checking in and the lady at the front desk could not find my reservation. Once I showed her the confirmation email, she proceeded to check me in. I booked a room with 2 beds since there were 2 of us initially going to stay there but a friend decided to come along for the ride. We had to pay extra for another person even though I booked a room with 2 beds. There is a fabulous beach right across the street with a strip of beach bars. Grocery store and restaurants are within walking distance. The one thing I would make people aware if is that there is no iron in the room to iron your clothes. You have to send your clothes out to the cleaners to get pressed during certain hours of the day! We ended up taking a taxi to a store and bought an iron for 30e just so I could iron my clothes for the evening. The hotel is good for what we paid and I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank grkgoddez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, for business reasons. Somehow distant from city center (30-45 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic), but in a very attractive area, with nice restaurants, bars and shops. I had the impression the area is quite safe as well. Possibility to connect to center by tram exists, but we didnt try it out.
Hotel with very good service, always willing to help. Room was very clean. Most of rooms have a balcony 90° to the sea, so you can have a "sea view" if you turn your head our of the balcony...
Very good breakfast offer, with lots of choice. Only thing I missed: more choice of fresh fruits.
Overall: I would definitively go back, maybe also for tourism.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Aurelio M
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is situated in a very nice and quiet neighborhood of Glyfada and close to the shopping center and some nice beach bars. We booked via booking.com and we were given a non-renovated room (fitted carpets, very small bathroom and insufficient storage). Breakfast was ok, personnel also ok. Too many mosquitos in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisSTCY
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Location is perfect for a city break to Athens that gives you a beach holiday also.
Hotel is little not to be so corporate, but big enough for all the luxury that matters: Good toiletries, high quality bedding, air conditioning at no extra charge and helpful staff!!!

Situated just a stroll away from tram and bus stops for access to Athens City Centre and yet only 5 minutes away from a wonderful clean beach with excellent amenities . This Hotel could not have a better location!!!

The Pool was an added bonus with free sun loungers, a bar service with food served in the wonderful gardens aswell as a Terrace.

Room Tip: For extra Luxury superior rooms are available. If you choose to eat breakfast do not go towards th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends