“Excellent”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Glyfada
Chania Town, Greece
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Lovely hotel excellent view nd very friendly staff . The food was tasty and the location was just perfect. I sayed there for 2 weeks nd i did not want to leave this place. The transfer was easy and not tiring at all. I recomend this hotel to eveyone

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank billy1984tse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Szczecin, Poland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 4 nights. At the first day, under the mirror in the room, I've found a bunch of black hair , which was removed at my express request on the third day . Under the bed, I've found a dirty lace panties, that do not belong to me, and under the cabinet, in a different size , or maybe of two different people who left their underwear in the room . I do not want to think about it , as long as there was no maid service . The floor of the room was cleaned up once, at my express request ,in the bathroom once. Toilet had not been cleaned at all. Complimentary water should be provided daily , but it was only on the first day. It was a double room, but you had to ask for second towel , because they gave us only one . As staff saw that I own shampoo - they took the hotel's one . About all you need to stand up a few times, because the service just ignores guests . From the window on the second floor view was on littered square, but sometimes you managed to see a little sea through the trees . The nearest restaurant you have to walk about 15 minutes, to the beach 5 minutes . The hotel does not have any attractions. There is the impression that no one is working . Around the pool left dirty towels , glasses , bottles , and no one cleans up in the evening. Hotel cleaning lady serves also breakfast for guests. She puts the bread with bare hands and never wonders about it. The full plates of food disappear somewhere in the back door . Overall, my bad impression about this hotel concerns cleanliness and service who treats guests as a unnecessary evil . The hotel was selected and booked for us by our friend in his name and he paid for all, so we could not change anything. I would never stay at this hotel and would not recommend to others. Nightmarish experience that ruined my stay in Greece. Even in Cambodia hotels were cleaner and more organized. Overall - a Greek tragedy .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jinju2013

Travelers are raving about these Glyfada hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's been a while since I needed a hotel room in Athens. I've had the room booked by a friendly couple and surely we weren't disappointed. I stayed on the 4th floor with a nice view to Glyfada. The room was spacious for a family of four. It was very clean which is very important to me. Me and my wife had the double bed and for the children slept on a couch which is turned to a double bed. The breakfast was just adequate with nothing exceptional. The receptionist and the rest of the staff was very polite and helpful. I would like to suggest your luggage has rollers because there's no cart for transferring luggage to your room.
I totally suggest this hotel for a couple of nights in Athens. It's close to Glyfada and there is a Tram stop nearby for getting around in Athens. I recommend the use of a car for your stay.

Room Tip: Ask tor a room with a view to the sea.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights and found it to be a nice hotel in a somewhat convenient location to both the town of Glyfada and to the tram into Athens. I can't vouch for the food at the Glyfada, because I didn't eat there, but if it was similar to the food at its sister hotel, the London next door, it would be just fine. The room was comfortable, and I had a little terrace with a view of the sea. The swimming pool was small, but nice, and the staff was friendly. The air conditioning worked very well, which was great because it was really hot outside, and the WIFI was excellent. If I were to visit Athens again, and wanted a place near the beach at a good price, I would stay here again. I'm giving it a four out of five because it was a couple of blocks to the tram, with a 45-minute ride into the heart of Athens, so some people might think that's too far away. However, Glyfada itself is right there, and there are many shops and restaurants which are less expensive than their Athenian counterparts, so that's a plus.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the sea. I had a glimpse of it, but I was only on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
parga
Reviewed November 3, 2012

i was there last weekend amd was suberb.nice rooms with avery good service very clean and the view at sea side was perfect.and one of the chiepiest in the area of glyfada in south of athens.tram and bus station very near..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ioannisparga
Naples, Italy
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I visited this hotel in the middle of September.It is 5 minutes away from the center of Glyfada where there is a large market with everything you would like to buy.It is near to the bus and tram station,and of course near to the sea .We swam at the beach ,close to the hotel which was ok!The rooms are spacy and clean.The stuff friendly.Breakfast basic ,but ok.
We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank naplandreas
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is near the sea and a 15 minute walk from the closest center with shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean but very basic. The breakfast is ok. Car is a must if you want to make the best out of your stay in Glyfada.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business