London Hotel
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewrooftop restaurantglyfada centertram stationglyfada beachexcellent breakfastnice locationbasic hotelshort staybusy roadhotel is locatedclean roomsmain roaddowntown athensminute walksyntagma squareairport
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Clean, comfortable and friendly hotel near to Glyfada center and near to the beach to relax after a long hectic business day!

I definitely recommend it for a pleasure stay!
Maria L

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Super location. Vey good breakfast. We loved the beach 100m away from the hotel. Also, hotels front office proved very helpful in providing us with information on local places to visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was the first of our 5 hotels for our 7 day stay in Greece. After reading many horrible reviews about hotels within the city of Athens, I decided to book outside of big city. The positive reviews for this nearby hotel were encouraging so, I booked a room for two nights requesting the best possible room. (May 30 thru Jun 1, 2012)

We were greeted with welcoming smiles as we were asked about our "best possible room" request. Well, I guess she thought that was cute because we were upgraded to sea-view room with a small balcony. What a beautiful view and great way to start our stay in Greece!

The breakfast was very good, with plenty of choices. We enjoyed a pleasant walk to the small town center of Glyfada to eat dinner. The location was only meters from the seaside (a five minute walk) and there are a few nearby tram stations (that we used to go into Athens). The staff was very helpful, friendly and generous.

Fantastic hotel, don't let the cheap prices fool you! :)

Room Tip: I highly recommend paying a bit more for the sea-view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel is situated close to Glyfada center, about 100meters you will find the Glyfada beach. We stayed for 3 nights in June, and enjoyed it greatly. Staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a sea view room, which kept us away from the noisy street (although once you close the balcony doors you hear relatively nothing).
The best part of our stay was by far the breakfast. Homemade pastries, home made jams, lots and lots of variety, freshly baked rolls, we even had blue cheese, which you hardly find at 5 star hotels sometimes. Juice could be better though, coffee too.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are quieter, so it would be better to pay that extra bit, (if they cannot upgrade you)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had to stay in this hotel because there was nothing else available in the area. I had not high expectations, but I believe that for 180 EUR per night a much better service should be offered. The building is from the 70's with some basic refurbishments (new windows, carpets and painture, that's all)

Worse thing in London Hotel is the noise from the guests and from the street. Avoid rooms to the street if you intend to sleep without earplugs. My room was supposed to be a "see view", but it is actually in one lateral of the building, so I could not see the see, only another hotel.

Rooms are not thoroughly cleaned everyday. My last night I believe that the maid only made the bed. Bathroom and floors were forgotten, same for new towels.

The beaches in Glyfada are not good. I would recommend going to Vougliameni for a swim or relaxing day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business