“Nice for a romantic evening”
Review of Peccati di Gola

Peccati di Gola
Ranked #32 of 251 Restaurants in Glyfada
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice for a romantic evening”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant is a nice little Italian place for taking your better half (who normally likes this sort of thing) out. The prices are a bit on the high side, but not completely ridiculous. Think slightly pricier than TGIF.

The portions are generous and the staff is very polite, speaking at least three languages while we were there (Greek, English and Italian). The quality of the food is pretty good too. I had a bruschetta to start and a spaghetti pomodoro as a main. I forgot to tell them not to make it "al dente", but even so, I liked it. Right now, they have a deal where you can get a starter, main and dessert (from a selection) for €15 per person (Mon to Thurs), which is quite good (though I don't know for how long they have it!). We only had water to drink, so I can't comment on how much drinks are.

We sat outside in a "patio style" area. The street is not too noisy, but not too quiet either, so quite pleasant all in all. They have a couple of fans to cool the place down (I would not sit outside during the day this time of year myself..) and the lights are turned low, so the temperature was just right, and the atmosphere romantic. The place was about half full, which I also like when out on a date (not too noisy, not too quiet), though I went during the week.

All in all, if you take the missus, you'll get a couple of brownie points. It's not the Hilton rooftop, but a nice cosy local place.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
“Italian restaurant for locals”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant Is simply excellent. Very nice staff and the food superb! A Greek business partner invited me to go to this restaurant and this was a pleasant surprise. We had 2 fantastic starters and a spaghetti frutti di mare. The place was clean and cozy and we didn't have to wait too long to get our orders. Luckily we were early so we had a table, but from 20 o'clock this restaurant was getting full, so it is best to make a reservation (or go early). It is possible to sit outside on the (heated) terrace.

• Visited April 2013
athens
“Medium quality........only the pizza is good!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've heard and read good reviews for this italian restaurant in Glyfada and i had the curriocity to tried it.So last Sunday we went there.....we had a salad(12 euros for a ruccola and 3 sun dried tomatoes salad!!!!!!!!!!) a good sized and taste margaritta pizza (8,5 euros)red house wine and a tirramisu and bottled water...all that for less than 50 euros....Ok you may say that is cheap but really the quality was not something special(take only the pizza and go home!)..................and a restaurant i believe is jugded by the overall look.....please change the catalogues!!!!
You can find in Athens and in Glydada so many italian restaurants...with better quality.Better to skip this one,trust me.....

• Visited April 2013
Cholargos, Greece
“The Italian Place to be”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Focacccia me suko kai motsarela.....rissoto troufas & taliateles apo melani soupias.......I can't imagine a better dinner in the area for 30Euros/person

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nana T
Athens, Greece
“PECCATI Super modern Italian with vast menu 5*”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

10 of us ate from the vast menu and it was fabulous. The most outstanding breads and pizza doh, for example, bread sticks of different flavours, focaccia with walnuts, figs and Gorgonzola which was delicious. House Peccati salad was very tasty with an orange dressing. Some different new salads to try so something for everyone! As I said, the menu is vast and has many pastas including gnocchi. Meat dishes of beef in Marsala wine sauce, chicken, pork mouthwatering ideas for these. We drank the House wine which was of a good quality. We ordered a selection of desserts and a chocolate calzone! All were amazing and very fresh. Try the coffee flavoured Pannacotta. We will be returning. The place is fairly small so might be best to book on weekends. 00 30 210 8981511. Kyprou 50, Glyfada Athens Greece

• Visited January 2013