“what a beautiful place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lagonisi
Sydney, Australia
“what a beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went here a few years ago and forgot to review this place - I'm hoping it's as good as it was back then. Beautiful setting, beautiful people, beautiful pool! Would love to go back and spend more time here. Lizzys biz review is spot on - it is just absolutely magnificent!

Room Tip: get a villa!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Grand Resort Lagonissi certainly lives up to its name. Situated on the Greek Riviera on the coats road heading to the southern most point of the greek mainland at Sounion. You approach the hotel from the palm tree lined coast road and turn into the sprawling peninsular totally dedicated to the hotel with its 5 star restaurants, wonderful service and stunning views. Used by famous companies and stars throughout the world for advertising launches, great secret escapes by stars and the filming of next top model, to name a few. Kylie Monogue is just one famous name to of stayed at the hotel. The hotel has rooms and luxury bungalows, fitness centres, spas, room service and anything can be arranged upon request. This really is a heaven on earth and so private. The sparking aegean sea and looking out onto the southern aegean islands in the distance where Mykonos and the other greek islands abound. I highly recommend this hotel and its restaurants, service, wedding planners and overall ability to make your dreams come true.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lizzysbiz
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Grand Resort Lagonissi is a resort close to Athens, an oasis to avoid the terrible center of the city. Nevertheless hotel needs renovation (gives a 70's perception) since it has to compete with other much modern hotels close by. Main building rooms are quite simple, medium sized with a faint humid odor but clean with an astonishing view. The main advantage of this hotel is the location, the green, full of trees bushes and flowers environment and the wonderful beach. Conference rooms are quite big and provide an excellent environment for efficient meetings. A good choice for business and also relaxation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christos M
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Since we arrived in November, we had the entire resort to ourselves. As they were closing for renovations, my partner's company reserved the property exclusively. We had the most amazing ocean front villa with all of the bells and whistles. The moment that I opened the front door, my jaw hit the floor. You can see all the way from the front door, through the room, through the terrace and past the glass wall to view the sun setting over the sea. We thoroughly enjoyed the steam bath and sauna in the comfort of our own room. The beds are adjustable and very comfortable. Again, the views were absolutely stunning, even from the sunken tub in the bathroom (if you opt to open the blinds via remote control). They also offer premium toiletries which is a classy touch. Overall, I was very impressed with our accomodations. I hope that we have an opportunity to return someday!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michilanta
NikosTzimas, General Manager at Grand Resort Lagonissi, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
We thank you for the time you devoted to review Grand Resort Lagonissi on the Tripadvisor, even though you stayed with us almost one year ago. Your positive feedback is highly appreciated and the picturesque way you describe our property indeed captures the unique atmosphere of the Resort, its discreet privacy and infinite views.
We also hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in future,
Best regards,
Houjie
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had our wedding at GRL. The grounds were beautiful, the venue was beautiful, but the rest- I still want to cry. It's not 5s hotel!

First of all to those who are not greeks. Please don't expect to have a wedding cake. You will "cut" a paper cake form with the top made of sponge cake... And if you give them to make a design of your fake cake, they will not make professionally. I don't think they have a real pastry chef. When I saw my "wedding cake" at my wedding I start screaming to my husband- please stop the photographers from taking pics of something what I didn't order. The cake looked like it was made by a kid using playdough... It was such an embarrassment!
However, little cakes that was served to my guests were delicious, but all of my guests asked me- why they didn't get a wedding cake?!?! How could I explain, it wasn't a real one, just the show?!?!?!?!
Besides the huge flop of the cake, the food was delicious and the service was good, because before the wedding me and my husband were on top of the staff making sure non of the plates and glasses should be empty. But I heard horror stories from other couples that their service were not so great... I guess you cannot let GRL do whatever they want they simply are not capable of being on top.
If you are bride- do NOT get wedding spa package! You will regret and you will have your wedding day ruined! These people ar not qualified for anything! I was crying my eyes out! The hair stylist didn't have any idea of she was doing and constantly she was repeating that she has other customers waiting, which were my own guests and my guests were telling her- she is a bride and she needs to look beautiful and don't worry about us. Still failed! I left the salon with my fuzzy hair, pieces of hair hanging and it was made in a simple bun, which was not complicated and could be done nicely. I ran to my room and asked my friend who is NOT a hairstylist to remake my hair and do my make up, since even a make up artist, who is not a real make up artist, just a girl from the spa, couldn't do. I walked in the spa, in the dark room with no correct light and saw opened foundations on the table... Who does that?!?!? And how can you do make up in the dark?!?!?!?
One of the bridal package was hydroaromatheraphy. I thought I can relax in a tub with lights, but as soon as the jacuzzi started, the dirt from the pipes start coming out and my tub was filled with bits and pieces from uncleaned pipes... I jumped out of the tub immediately! And when I told all of it to the spa manager she laughed and told me it's not dirt, it's just water... What kind of answer that was?!?!? And sorry, but I know jacuzzi and I know what happens when you do not clean it!
So my bridal package was complete waist of money and ruined day! Instead of it I could just have brought a REAL PROFESSIONAL make up artist and hairstylist to make me beautiful and my day special.
French Manicure and pedicure were horrible, and unprofessional. I do my own french mani pedi better and I do NOT put nail polish on the skin around my nails... All my friends were asking me- why did I do my own nails. No, I did NOT do my own nails, the lady from GRL Spa did it!!!!!! Really....
Now, when I look back I can ay- my wedding was beautiful, but my day was stressful and that's the least what I expected from 5star hotel, which I would say- 5star Holiday Inn, no offense to HI, but if I paid HI prices and got this service, I wouldn't write a review... I would say- I got what I paid! But when you pay GRL prices and get such service, you leave very very disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank HoujieTraveler007
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time and note down your comments on some points that disappointed you during your stay at Grand Resort Lagonissi.
It is very important for us that you entrusted our team to organize such an important event of your life as the wedding ceremony and reception, and the truth is that all the personnel involved did their utmost to make this day really special for you and your guests. Further to your above review, we understand your frustration and thus please accept our sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations for enjoying careless moments in a peaceful environment allowing our team to take care for everything for you. Be assured that the issues you raised in your report are already being addressed and any discrepancy from our quality standards will be rectified.
We thank you again for your notes and regret for any inconvenience that you experienced. Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back next year on your wedding anniversary and show you that we uphold our quality standards for each and every guest,
We remain at your disposal,
Kind regards,
Grand Resort Lagonissi
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

An amazing hotel located in a magnificent area near Athens!
The service is excellent, the breakfast one of the best i had (everything fresh and a great variety), the private beach infront of the spa center is perfect (very calm and you can stay there all day).
We visited Captain's House (mediterrenean restaurant) which was very good with a very nice view (prices 60-80/person depending on the wine).
We also went to Kohylia restaurant. We weren't very satisfied (the service was very moderate and the sushi we orderred was not the best sushi we've tasted. And it was overly expensive for 2 persons with 30 pieces of suhi and one sake: 120 euros).
The rooma in the main building are old and definetely need renovation, one should preferably book a bungalow.
Overall very positive impressions and will definetely revisit the hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Marlensam
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for the reviewing of the Grand Resort Lagonissi on the Tripadvisor and we are happy that you spent a wonderful weekend with us.
Your positive feedback to the services offered at the hotel is highly appreciated and the comments in regards to the Kohylia Polynesian Restaurant & Sushi Bar have been already addressed to the relevant department for the immediate review.
Referring to the condition of the rooms in the Main Building, we would like to inform you that we are being in process of their renovation and refurbishing for the past two years; consequently your comments will be taken into consideration when we continue the renovation programme during the winter months.
Looking forward to welcome you again in future,
Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has all the attributes of a 5 star hotel except for the rooms which are getting old. Definitely in need of a renovation but apart from that way too pricy from room service 10€ surcharge to a simple meal salad 20€ and orange juice €9!!!

Otherwise lovely. Staff are professional and curteous and breakfust buffet is one if the best i have seen.

You will definiteky enjoy.....for a price!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank georgiosio
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your preference and the kind review of your recent stay at Grand Resort Lagonissi. It is great to hear that you have a positive overall impression from the level of services and the professionalism of our personnel.
Your comments will be taken into consideration and discussed while reviewing our policy for the next season, although the prices of our Food & Beverage Departments are reasonable if someone minds the excellent quality of the products we use and the service we offer.
In regards to the renovation of the rooms, it is already in progress for the past two years.
We look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Athens,
Kind regards,
Nikos Tzimas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagonisi
The Margi
Aegeon Beach Hotel
Aegeon Beach Hotel
#2 of 3 in Sounio
Brasil Suites Hotel Apartments

Been to Grand Resort Lagonissi? Share your experiences!