Cape Sounio, Grecotel Exclusive Resort
Aegeon Beach Hotel(Sounio)(Great Value!)
$131
Travelocity
$70
$171
$166
Grand Resort Lagonissi(Lagonisi)(Great Value!)
$365
$127
$123
Hotels.com
Hotel Pantheon(Markopoulo Mesogeas)
All reviewsmain buildingasian restaurantposeidon templekids clubprivate poolsea viewfamily bungalowbeach bardeluxe bungalowbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardspa arearelaxing holidaythe general managerend of the seasonlocal tavernasstunning location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I chose to have a destination wedding in Greece. Instead of dragging everyone to an out of the way island, we decided that the mainland was more convenient. We looked at several hotels up and down the coastline of Atiica, but decided to use Cape Sounio. From the beginning, Xanthippi (event coordinator) from Cape Sounio was there to help us with anything that we needed. Not only was she always so sweet, kind and courteous, she worked hard to make sure that my wedding was truly perfect. She never said that she couldn't do something. She always made it happen. Xanthippi and the staff at Cape Sounio's professionalism is truly one of a kind. Although we only stayed at the hotel one night, the service was wonderful. Bags delivered on time, food was good, staff was courteous. The rooms are stunning and have a one of a kind decor. Of course, staring off at Poseidan's Temple isn't bad either!!

Cape Sounio is such a breathtaking place to hold an event and our wedding was truly magical. If you want the best service, minus the snobby attitude you can get with a luxury hotel, Cape Sounio is the perfect place to hold your event. Ask for Xanthippi, you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We came here for a wedding with a large group travelling from Europe and the US. Hotel was booked for almost a week by wedding attendees. The 'special' rate was excessive, the preferred hotel label a farce and service a disaster. No water sports or activities, no entertainment and nothing for miles to make stay enjoyable. The wedding was great thanks to the bride and groom that organized it all through a local friend (music, flowers, etc...). Many guests tried to shorten their stay but were told they were obligated to pay for all nights booked! The lunch and dinner bills were outrageous and 3 guests suffered food poisoning. Rooms were OK but cleaned poorly at times and for a hotel claiming a 5 star rating, personnel spoke little english and made us feel too demanding!!! Never going back .

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank travelspartout
Reviewed March 30, 2009

It reads as a boutique hotel via the website and this is the case BUT it is also a very family orientated hotel . We have three kids of varying ages and they all had a superb time. The mimi-club is really good and the beach is perfect for adults, honeymooners, kids and toddlers - caters to everyones needs. The distance to Athens is minimal but you still feel that you a away from it all , definitely get that island feel!!! The staff are very friendly and for me the most important factor - the staff were CHILDFRIENDLY - so it is a BOUTIQUE hotel but they are very welcoming towards the younger members of families!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I had heard about Grecotel from a friend who had stayed there before and had recommened it as a great place to go and relax. I decided to take my young daughter with me for a weeks vacation. When we arrived, the check in process went smoothly, our bags were delivered to our room immediately and we found a very nice welcome basket of goodies waiting for us. The room was very clean and I liked that we were given extra towels without having to ask for them. One the first night there, we ordered in and I must say we got our food in less than 30 minutes and the seafood dish I ordered was quite fresh and tasty. When we finally did enjoy the rest of our meals at the restaraunt it was a nice experience; I loved the variety of choices for breakfast (having something from several different countries). My daughter and I even had the opportunity to be greeted by General Manager, Niko Manolesakis, who came over to our table the second day/afternnon to welcome us to the hotel and he asked us how everything was going. My only issue was a few pesty ants in our room - which the GM immediately sent someone to take care of. Overall, I loved the atmosphere, the serene enviornment, the spa facilites (I had two awesome massages during my stay) and of course the warm hospitality of Mr. Manolesakis and his staff. I plan on returning there in 2010 to celebrate my 10 year anniv with my husband.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We stayed at the the hotel for 2 days and it was a very nice experience. This was the begining of our honeymoon trip... The scenic ocean and the Poseidon Temple view from our Villa was breath taking. Our accomodation was of a very high standard.
Since we went right after the busy season, it was quite and nice. The food was delicius, especialy at the "Cavo Colones" with cretan and organic dishes.
Swimming just oposite to the Poseidon Temple was amazing.The beach was very nice and the water clear.
The actual location and the treatmet afforded by the hotel staff is of a very high calible.
Outstanding reception team.
We definetelly be visiting the Grecotel Cape Sounio in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008