Our stay at Cape Sounio was more than pleasant: great location, "close and...far" from the Athens centre, marvelous staff and superb breakfast. The only thing that needs a "light facelift" is the pool area which is showing its age...
It is not recommended for a very long stay (distance from recreational centres will turn you off), but three-four nights there will change your mood for good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous archaeological sites of Greece is the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio, south-east of Athens. The Grecotel Cape Sounio literally clings to the side of a pine-clad hillside with panoramic views over this ancient monument. Behind the hotel is the Sounio National Park and below the hotel are two bays (one sandy and the other is shingle) which are approached via tunnels under the road (ancient river path). The buildings are set in an amphitheatre shape allowing exhilarating views of the Temple of Poseidon and the sea from most guestrooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Sounio, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Cape Sounio Hotel Sounio
- Grecotel Cape Hotel Sounio
- Grecotel Cape Resort Sounio
- Cape Sounio