My wife and I had a quick evening layover in Athens after staying in Santorini before flying home to Colorado early the next morning. If you have to spend the night in Athens because of a quick layover, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. You literally walk out of the airport, cross a small street with your luggage and there is the hotel. It is expensive, but well worth the cost. if you have a lot of luggage, and need a cart, you can park it at a designated spot at the hotel and get another in the morning. Never heard any noise from airplanes landing and taking off. Staff were wonderful and our room was spotless. During a layover of a night, you simply cannot beat this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Athens Airport is located opposite the Athens International Airport, 10 km from museums, 35 minutes from Athens city center, and adjacent to the Attica Road junction for quick and easy access to any part of Athens. Enjoy a unique experience of both convenience and five-star luxury, in a blend of warm hospitality, modern surroundings, impeccable service and the latest technology. Gourmet restaurant, 24-hour food service, 2 bars and numerous facilities for both business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Athens Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel Spata
- Accor Athens Airport
- Athens Sofitel
- Sofitel Athens Airport Greece/Spata