“They came through for me..”

Sofitel Athens Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hi Just want to say that after me and my husband got into a accident in Santorini and were transported to Crete, all the hotel we were book to were fantastic and reimbursed us the full amount. The Sofitel has a policy of not reimbursing depending of what room' deal you choose. I had chosen to book without reimbursement. After talking to the manager Cyril, the hotel reimbursed us completely...thank you Sofitel!
The room was very comfortable and the breakfast exceptional. It is also open quite early to accommodate your flights...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank picco0
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your stay in our hotel in October and were happy to learn that you enjoyed the quality of our accommodations and services. We do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our premises.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,376)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

“I liked all. It's one of the best hotels I staid. Perfect location in the center of Athens. Wonderfull view to Acropolis from balcony. Good breakfast. Polite staff.” They have lot of information about art and history about Athens. You dont need guide... hahahah.. Trust me its good selection

Room Tip: Higher floors dont have good Wifi connectivity
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just returned from a Cruise,that left out of Athens,Port of Piraeus.We stayed at the Sofitel Airport Hotel, Before and after our trip. This Hotel is very short walk across the street, very easy to get too!"Just Great".The Metro to downtown is around the cornner from the Hotel! Very easy to get to all the sites from here'.If you don't want to stay in the city or If you have been to Athens before. You can get a Cab,Train, or Bus from the Hotel to the Port,Check with the Concierge they were very helpful.The room was very QUIET, good size,GREAT SHOWER,we were on the 5th floor.Breakfast,Dinner,Bar, all available,or you can go across the street to the Airport, Fast Food,Cafes,and other places to eat! We are Seinors 71 and this worked very well for us! TGUSA

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Athens Airport and for your warm words of appreciation following your stays in our hotel prior and after your trip with a cruise. We do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our premises.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Sofitel Hotel at Athens Airport is the perfect respite for travelers who need relaxation and pampering after a stimulating holiday in Greece, and before boarding the airplane for the long trip home. If you were on the mainland or the islands for two weeks or two months, you owe yourself the convenience of unwinding in an outstanding oasis of tranquility, literally steps from the airport.

It is a luxurious five-star facility with French art de recevoir and overlooks the lovely Mesoghaia (middle earth) Valley. If you are staying for a few days, a Concierge can arrange a guided tour of Athens or, if your desire is to visit the Greek islands, private transportation to Piraeus can be arranged. Do your travel plans allow you to stay for one night only? The Sofitel Hotel is your best choice, especially if you have an early morning flight. You are fifty meters from the entrance to the airport; there is no need to awaken earlier than necessary to board a shuttle bus.

I had the good fortune to be a guest at The Sofitel Hotel at the end of October when my two month odyssey on Crete ended. I traveled from one end of the island to the other to promote my new novel, Labyrinthine Ways, set in modern times on beautiful Chania and in the rugged mountain villages of Sfakia. It was an exciting, intensive journey that stimulated all of my senses, as Greece is prone to do; it was so enthralling that I did not want to leave. My desire was to put the enchantment of Greece in a bottle and take it with me. So…..to prolong this feeling, I chose the Sofitel Hotel as my final destination.

Except for the magical night on the Tavri Plateau in Askyfou when I saw the sun setting as the moon was rising, my time as a guest at the Sofitel was the highlight of my odyssey.

The Sofitel Hotel is a short drive from the center of the city where you can visit the Parthenon, museums, Athens Constitution Square, Helexpo Palace exhibition center and Olympic Stadium. Or, you may choose to simply stroll through the famous Plaka shopping district. If you do not have a car, however, hop on the Suburban train line next to the hotel and in twenty minutes you will arrive at an amazing mall with high end shops and excellent restaurants.
The hotel boasts 345 rooms that are soundproofed, 2 executive floors, 12 suites, and 1 presidential suite all with Sofitel “MyBed” mattress that ensures guests’ ultimate comfort. All of these rooms are equipped with high speed internet access, a mini bar, and safe deposit box; 24-hour room service is available.
There are three restaurants and you can choose fine or casual dining. During my stay, the Karavi Restaurant on the 9th Floor had a menu that offered grilled gambas and croaker, roasted sea bass, a filet of lamb, and a breast of duck with caramelized pineapple. Starters ranged from a warm salad of seasonal vegetables to warm duck foie gras poèlè. The Karavi is noted, also, for its aperitifs.

In the lobby’s Mesoghali restaurant, there are wide choices for breakfast and lunch that range from express or a la carte selections to full buffets. (The breakfast buffet is wonderful!!). The Karavi and Mesoghali restaurants serve 24-hour Mediterranean dishes and gourmet French cuisine. The more casual Artemis bar in the lobby offers any drink you can imagine along with selections of sandwiches and appetizers; the Artemis has an outdoor terrace where I enjoyed lunch and a chat with fellow travelers.

During my second full day at the hotel, I relaxed in the wellbeing and spa area on the 9th floor. After a swim, it was pleasant to rest on a lounge and prepare for my homeward journey by catching up on the news in two English-language newspapers provided for guests. I had avoided newspapers and TV while on Crete and the newspapers helped prepare me for my re-entry.

The spa is full-service and offers facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. At the end of my next odyssey in Greece I plan to book a room at the Sofitel Hotel for three nights and, if you need to reach me, you will find me in the spa, indulging myself in all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the airport so that you can see the planes taking off and landing. Al...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank msaurelia

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel in October and appreciated to learn that you enjoyed the overall quality of the accommodations and services provided. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and to provide a superior service experience to every customer. We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to the Sofitel Athens Airport.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

It is a luxurious five-star facility with French art de recevoir and overlooks the lovely Mesoghaia (middle earth) Valley. If you are staying for a few days, a Concierge can arrange a guided tour of Athens or, if your desire is to visit the Greek islands, private transportation to Piraeus can be arranged. Do your travel plans allow you to stay for one night only? Sofitel Athens Airport is your best choice, especially if you have an early morning flight. You are fifty meters from the entrance to the airport; there is no need to awaken earlier than you would like to board a shuttle bus.

I had the good fortune to stay at Sofitel Athens Airport at the end of October when my two-month odyssey on Crete ended. I traveled from one end of the island to the other to promote my new novel, Labyrinthine Ways, set in modern times on beautiful Chania and in the rugged mountain villages of Sfakia. It was an exciting, intensive journey that stimulated all of my senses, as Greece is prone to do; it was so enthralling that I did not want to leave. My desire was to put the enchantment of Greece in a bottle and take it with me. So…..to prolong this feeling, I chose the Sofitel Athens Airport as my final destination.

Sofitel Athens Airport is a short drive from the center of the city where you can visit the Parthenon, museums, Athens Constitution Square, Helexpo Palace exhibition center and Olympic Stadium. Or, you may choose to simply stroll through the famous Plaka shopping district. If you do not have a car, however, hop on the Suburban train line next to the hotel and in twenty minutes you will arrive at an amazing mall with high-end shops and excellent restaurants.
The hotel boasts 345 rooms that are soundproofed, 2 executive floors, 12 suites, and 1 presidential suite all with Sofitel “MyBed” mattress that ensures guests’ ultimate comfort. All of these rooms are equipped with high-speed internet access, a mini bar, and safe deposit box; 24-hour room service is available.
There are two restaurants and you can choose fine or casual dining. During my stay, the Karavi Restaurant on the 9th Floor had a menu that offered grilled gambas and croaker, roasted sea bass, a filet of lamb, and a breast of duck with caramelized pineapple. Starters ranged from a warm salad of seasonal vegetables to warm duck foie gras poèlè. The Karavi is noted, also, for its aperitifs.

In the lobby’s Mesoghaia restaurant, there are wide choices for breakfast and lunch that range from express or a la carte selections to full buffets. (The breakfast buffet is wonderful!!). The Karavi and Mesoghaia restaurants serve 24-hour Mediterranean dishes and gourmet French cuisine respectively. The more casual Artemis bar in the lobby offers any drink you can imagine along with selections of sandwiches and appetizers; the Artemis has an outdoor terrace where I enjoyed lunch and a chat with fellow travelers.

The spa is full-service and offers facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. At the end of my next odyssey in Greece I plan to book a room at Sofitel Athens Airport for three nights and, if you need to reach me, you will find me in the spa, indulging myself in all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport so that you can see the planes taking off and landing. The hotel is v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 7, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Hotel Avra Rafina
#1 of 1 in Rafina
Syntagma
Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Hilton Athens
#17 of 282 in Athens
Myrto Hotel
#5 of 8 in Nea Makri

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!