“Just Great”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Rocklin
“Just Great”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just returned from a Cruise,that left out of Athens,Port of Piraeus.We stayed at the Sofitel Airport Hotel, Before and after our trip. This Hotel is very short walk across the street, very easy to get too!"Just Great".The Metro to downtown is around the cornner from the Hotel! Very easy to get to all the sites from here'.If you don't want to stay in the city or If you have been to Athens before. You can get a Cab,Train, or Bus from the Hotel to the Port,Check with the Concierge they were very helpful.The room was very QUIET, good size,GREAT SHOWER,we were on the 5th floor.Breakfast,Dinner,Bar, all available,or you can go across the street to the Airport, Fast Food,Cafes,and other places to eat! We are Seinors 71 and this worked very well for us! TGUSA

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Athens Airport and for your warm words of appreciation following your stays in our hotel prior and after your trip with a cruise. We do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to our premises.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Sofitel Hotel at Athens Airport is the perfect respite for travelers who need relaxation and pampering after a stimulating holiday in Greece, and before boarding the airplane for the long trip home. If you were on the mainland or the islands for two weeks or two months, you owe yourself the convenience of unwinding in an outstanding oasis of tranquility, literally steps from the airport.

It is a luxurious five-star facility with French art de recevoir and overlooks the lovely Mesoghaia (middle earth) Valley. If you are staying for a few days, a Concierge can arrange a guided tour of Athens or, if your desire is to visit the Greek islands, private transportation to Piraeus can be arranged. Do your travel plans allow you to stay for one night only? The Sofitel Hotel is your best choice, especially if you have an early morning flight. You are fifty meters from the entrance to the airport; there is no need to awaken earlier than necessary to board a shuttle bus.

I had the good fortune to be a guest at The Sofitel Hotel at the end of October when my two month odyssey on Crete ended. I traveled from one end of the island to the other to promote my new novel, Labyrinthine Ways, set in modern times on beautiful Chania and in the rugged mountain villages of Sfakia. It was an exciting, intensive journey that stimulated all of my senses, as Greece is prone to do; it was so enthralling that I did not want to leave. My desire was to put the enchantment of Greece in a bottle and take it with me. So…..to prolong this feeling, I chose the Sofitel Hotel as my final destination.

Except for the magical night on the Tavri Plateau in Askyfou when I saw the sun setting as the moon was rising, my time as a guest at the Sofitel was the highlight of my odyssey.

The Sofitel Hotel is a short drive from the center of the city where you can visit the Parthenon, museums, Athens Constitution Square, Helexpo Palace exhibition center and Olympic Stadium. Or, you may choose to simply stroll through the famous Plaka shopping district. If you do not have a car, however, hop on the Suburban train line next to the hotel and in twenty minutes you will arrive at an amazing mall with high end shops and excellent restaurants.
The hotel boasts 345 rooms that are soundproofed, 2 executive floors, 12 suites, and 1 presidential suite all with Sofitel “MyBed” mattress that ensures guests’ ultimate comfort. All of these rooms are equipped with high speed internet access, a mini bar, and safe deposit box; 24-hour room service is available.
There are three restaurants and you can choose fine or casual dining. During my stay, the Karavi Restaurant on the 9th Floor had a menu that offered grilled gambas and croaker, roasted sea bass, a filet of lamb, and a breast of duck with caramelized pineapple. Starters ranged from a warm salad of seasonal vegetables to warm duck foie gras poèlè. The Karavi is noted, also, for its aperitifs.

In the lobby’s Mesoghali restaurant, there are wide choices for breakfast and lunch that range from express or a la carte selections to full buffets. (The breakfast buffet is wonderful!!). The Karavi and Mesoghali restaurants serve 24-hour Mediterranean dishes and gourmet French cuisine. The more casual Artemis bar in the lobby offers any drink you can imagine along with selections of sandwiches and appetizers; the Artemis has an outdoor terrace where I enjoyed lunch and a chat with fellow travelers.

During my second full day at the hotel, I relaxed in the wellbeing and spa area on the 9th floor. After a swim, it was pleasant to rest on a lounge and prepare for my homeward journey by catching up on the news in two English-language newspapers provided for guests. I had avoided newspapers and TV while on Crete and the newspapers helped prepare me for my re-entry.

The spa is full-service and offers facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. At the end of my next odyssey in Greece I plan to book a room at the Sofitel Hotel for three nights and, if you need to reach me, you will find me in the spa, indulging myself in all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the airport so that you can see the planes taking off and landing. Al...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank msaurelia
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel in October and appreciated to learn that you enjoyed the overall quality of the accommodations and services provided. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and to provide a superior service experience to every customer. We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again to the Sofitel Athens Airport.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It is a luxurious five-star facility with French art de recevoir and overlooks the lovely Mesoghaia (middle earth) Valley. If you are staying for a few days, a Concierge can arrange a guided tour of Athens or, if your desire is to visit the Greek islands, private transportation to Piraeus can be arranged. Do your travel plans allow you to stay for one night only? Sofitel Athens Airport is your best choice, especially if you have an early morning flight. You are fifty meters from the entrance to the airport; there is no need to awaken earlier than you would like to board a shuttle bus.

I had the good fortune to stay at Sofitel Athens Airport at the end of October when my two-month odyssey on Crete ended. I traveled from one end of the island to the other to promote my new novel, Labyrinthine Ways, set in modern times on beautiful Chania and in the rugged mountain villages of Sfakia. It was an exciting, intensive journey that stimulated all of my senses, as Greece is prone to do; it was so enthralling that I did not want to leave. My desire was to put the enchantment of Greece in a bottle and take it with me. So…..to prolong this feeling, I chose the Sofitel Athens Airport as my final destination.

Sofitel Athens Airport is a short drive from the center of the city where you can visit the Parthenon, museums, Athens Constitution Square, Helexpo Palace exhibition center and Olympic Stadium. Or, you may choose to simply stroll through the famous Plaka shopping district. If you do not have a car, however, hop on the Suburban train line next to the hotel and in twenty minutes you will arrive at an amazing mall with high-end shops and excellent restaurants.
The hotel boasts 345 rooms that are soundproofed, 2 executive floors, 12 suites, and 1 presidential suite all with Sofitel “MyBed” mattress that ensures guests’ ultimate comfort. All of these rooms are equipped with high-speed internet access, a mini bar, and safe deposit box; 24-hour room service is available.
There are two restaurants and you can choose fine or casual dining. During my stay, the Karavi Restaurant on the 9th Floor had a menu that offered grilled gambas and croaker, roasted sea bass, a filet of lamb, and a breast of duck with caramelized pineapple. Starters ranged from a warm salad of seasonal vegetables to warm duck foie gras poèlè. The Karavi is noted, also, for its aperitifs.

In the lobby’s Mesoghaia restaurant, there are wide choices for breakfast and lunch that range from express or a la carte selections to full buffets. (The breakfast buffet is wonderful!!). The Karavi and Mesoghaia restaurants serve 24-hour Mediterranean dishes and gourmet French cuisine respectively. The more casual Artemis bar in the lobby offers any drink you can imagine along with selections of sandwiches and appetizers; the Artemis has an outdoor terrace where I enjoyed lunch and a chat with fellow travelers.

The spa is full-service and offers facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. At the end of my next odyssey in Greece I plan to book a room at Sofitel Athens Airport for three nights and, if you need to reach me, you will find me in the spa, indulging myself in all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport so that you can see the planes taking off and landing. The hotel is v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have used this hotel on numerous occasions - it makes early flights very easy with only a short walk (1min) to the main terminal building. Rooms are good but starting to show a little wear but this should not put you off. Restaurant/bar expensive but ok. Overall this is a good airport hotel but not inexpensive. There are no real hotel alternatives (Holiday Inn perhaps) if you want to be on the airport doorstep. Staff are good, polite and professional. Best to book a long way in advance to have better rates - otherwise £££ ouch! If you have time (not an early morning flight) stay in central Athens and splurge on Grande Bretagne ££££ or others where you will find better value. You pay for location and Sofitel branding/classic quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Sofitel Athens Airport and for having taken the time to share you experiences with us. Our hotel is indeed conveniently located in the airport area for early morning flights. Additionally, we were happy to learn that you always enjoy the politeness and professionalism of our staff. As far as your remark for our prices in general is concerned, we wish to reassure you that our staff does continuous efforts in order for our prices to reflect the quality and standards expected from a five stars hotel. We thank you once again for your constructive feedback and look forward to your next visits to our premises.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Syntagma
Plaka
Plaka Hotel
Plaka Hotel
#13 of 326 in Athens

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!