Most airport hotels are spartan (pun intended) business like affairs. This hotel is a cut above that standard in a few ways. First the rooms were a little larger than most competitors in this category. The bathroom was huge and separate from the toilet which was in a separate tiny space beside it.
The shower is an enclosed room that includes a double shower head and the bathtub (yup) as well as a bench. Bizarre in design, yet very functional.
The room was all 90's. Very nicely done, but really needs a update. The flooring material...something synthetic...was coming up and the door movement was impeded as a result.
The lighting in the room, for once, made sense even if the switches did not. I plug in the headboard? Brilliant. Light switches were also embedded in the headboard, but the reading light...probably wonderful a decade ago was missing the part that would focus the light on the wake reader so as not to disturb the sleeper beside him/her. Minor, but there you have it.
There is s roof top pool with a spa. The spa was odd. Who would think it a good idea to put spa treatment rooms in the pool area with what (I hope!) we're one way mirrors...I know I could see the pool people...I presume they could not see me! When the therapist opens the door, any sense of privacy is gone as the customer is now essentially on the pool deck. The real issue though is the noise. Soft spa music is completely overtaken by screaming pool kids...and Idon't blame the kids. This is a complete design fail.
The spa treatment itself was odd too. Paid for a foot massage and more of a calf massage. Complete waste of time.
We used the main restaurant Mesoghaia and found the service impeccable, probably the best hotel resto service we've experienced. The food was well above average. The breakfast buffet was very good with good local selections and more North American offerings as well.
When they say it is 50 metres from the airport...that is an exaggeration...it's more like 30! You could crawl to departures in five minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Athens Airport is located opposite the Athens International Airport, 10 km from museums, 35 minutes from Athens city center, and adjacent to the Attica Road junction for quick and easy access to any part of Athens. Enjoy a unique experience of both convenience and five-star luxury, in a blend of warm hospitality, modern surroundings, impeccable service and the latest technology. Gourmet restaurant, 24-hour food service, 2 bars and numerous facilities for both business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Bookgreece.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Athens Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel Spata
- Accor Athens Airport
- Athens Sofitel
- Sofitel Athens Airport Greece/Spata