“Great option for a good night before a early morning flight”

Sofitel Athens Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It is a bit more expensive than other hotels around the airport, but one thing to consider is the cost of the taxi to the airport. Once you include that fare it on par for price. The hotel itself is very comfortable and quiet. We booked the hotel because we had an early flight the next mornings and loved being able to simply walk over to the airport in the morning.
The service at the front desk was friendly and helpful.
The resturant we had a chance to try for breakfast, the food was tasty however they had their own take on some classic dishes.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevators, the views are nice on the upper floors on the nor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank a1wonder
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear valuable guest,
My team and myself would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel. It is indeed our pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overall experience. Your constructive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to your next visits to our premises.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,403)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very friendly reception, lovely room with big comfortable beds. The shower is a large room with a rain shower, very comfortable. Great breakfast buffet.
Furthermore nice terrace outside where one can relax, have a drink and sit in the sun in the morning with a coffee (and a cigar).
And all that at 50 m from the departure hall.
Will certainly come back!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel on business and appreciated to learn that you enjoyed the friendliness of the reception staff, the overall quality of your accommodations as well as your pergola experience which provides indeed relaxation to all travellers either on business or leisure. We thank you once again for your constructive feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Comfy rooms, comfy beds, great location if you have a flight to the islands the next day or recovering from a long haul trip and have already seen the sights of Athens, excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, great baklava.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear valuable guest,

We were happy to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us from your room to the service provided by our staff and would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience.
We do value your patronage and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Forget that this is an airport hotel; forget that it's your only option when you have a flight out of Athens at 0 dark thirty; forget that your husband dragged you out of the dreamy Grand Bretagna in the center of town... the Sofitel Athens is terrific! A gem! A place I would stay even if it weren't at the airport.

I remember years ago when my husband told me we would have to stay at the airport the last night of our trip so we could make a 7:00 a.m. flight to Amsterdam. Visions of the Chaing Kai Shek airport hotel in Taipei - my then worst travel experience ever - flashed through my mind. Imagine my shock to find a sleek, modern, beautifully appointed and brilliantly run oasis catering to the harried traveler's every need.

Some of the highlights are the crisp white bedding with perfect weight duvet and the L'Occitaine amenities. The rooms are not large (think boat interior in size and design) but you have everything you could want. There are lights for any requirement, electrical connectors and outlets galore, free wifi, a sleek desk counter so you can lay out your stuff in plain sight and miss nothing when you stumble out the door at 5:00 a.m. It seems to me that the designer sat inside the basic room and tried to address every possible thing a guest could want while eliminating anything that could get in their way. Following this theme, they have continued to anticipate needs and make improvements over time. Very clever and guest focused, I'd say.

We stay here about twice a year and, as you can tell, I am a fan. Last week, however, they outdid themselves. As I was about to board the plane I realized I was missing a pair of diamond and gold earrings. My husband called the Sofitel and asked if they could look around our room. I had no idea where I had lost them and had little hope of ever seeing them again. Long story short...when we landed in Paris we called the Sofitel and Chysalinia asked me to describe them. I nearly fainted. She told me Panayote, the bellman, had found them on the lobby floor and had immediately turned them over to her at the concierge desk. She kept them in the hotel safe overnight and sent them to me via UPS, who delivered them to me in New York three days later. There are not proper words to express my gratitude for the competency, efficiency and just plain goodness of this hotel's staff.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Athens Airport and for your very warm words of appreciation for our staff, the service provided in general and the hotel.
Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to your next memorable stays in our hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

At some large airports, getting to the airport hotels can involve a tiring bus ride. Not here. When you arrive exhausted at Athens, you literally only have to cross the road to reach Sofitel. The 'superior' room ( the cheapest class) was spacious with nice coffee, safe, bath tub, l'Occitane toiletries, comfy chair, large desk. Bed was comfortable, the only down side was that it was a double made of pushing two singles together.

I made the mistake of taking the metro into town despite arriving late - it costs 14 EUR return and takes almost an hour to the centre, probably not worth it unless you have loads of time. The hotel is nice enough to just hang out there, and the sir is also much less polluted than the city centre.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor following your recent stay in our hotel, appreciated to learn that you had a memorable experience and that you especially enjoyed the hotel's location and the overall quality of your accommodation, the tea & coffee facilities provided as well as the bathroom amenities. We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to the Sofitel Athens Airport on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on two separate nights on a business trip to Greece. The hotel is ideally situated across the road directly opposite the International arrivals terminal. The Staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant to deal with. Our rooms were well maintained and there was no exterior noise from the airport so close by. Check in & out was very efficient even at 5 am.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any other weary travelers like me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback following your stay in our hotel while on a business trip to Greece and for your warm words of appreciation for the hotel's location, the helpfulness of the staff, the efficiency of the service provided at check-in and check-out. We do value your patronage and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again to the Sofitel Athens Airport on next occasions, either on business or leisure.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I had to spend the night at Athens airport before flying on to Syros, and we have to say that the Sofirel was excellent. The room was quiet, which in an airport hotel is unusual. The beds, we had twins pushed together to make a double, were extremely comfortable. The evening meal in the restuarant was adequate and if you have the moussaka one helping is enough for 2 people. The stafff were delightful and helpful.
On the following morning our flight was delayed for 2 hours, so we returned to the hotel and asked if we could sit in the coffee lounge. We were offered our room back if we wanted it, but we chose to stay in the lounge, where the staff were very caring.
On our return from Syros we had a 4 hour wait for our flight to London. We went to the exterior coffee lounge and had coffee and later a light lunch. This was not cheap (30 Euros for 3 cappuccinos and a 2 toasted ham sandwiches with olives and bits and pieces), but very good value as an alternative to sitting on hard chairs in the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest,
My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel and for your warm words of appreciation for the quality of your overal experience as a guest. Additionally, we are pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to use our facilities on your return from Syros.
We thank you once again for sharing with us your experience and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Hotel Avra Rafina
AVA Hotel Athens
#2 of 282 in Athens
Kiani Akti
#1 of 1 in Porto Rafti

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!