The major plus for this hotel is that it is located at the airport, avoiding the need for a trip back into town.
However, you pay a premium for the experience. The rooms are acceptable - nothing that special - on the European small size.
The inside swimming pool was small. The ventilation system failed to remove the strong chlorine smell in the room.
Check in was slow with a queue of people waiting to check in.
The buffet breakfast was fair - expensive for what it provided.
Airport hotels are never that remarkable.
The Sofitel manages to re-inforce this view with a product that provides poor price value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Athens Airport is located opposite the Athens International Airport, 10 km from museums, 35 minutes from Athens city center, and adjacent to the Attica Road junction for quick and easy access to any part of Athens. Enjoy a unique experience of both convenience and five-star luxury, in a blend of warm hospitality, modern surroundings, impeccable service and the latest technology. Gourmet restaurant, 24-hour food service, 2 bars and numerous facilities for both business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Athens Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel Spata
- Accor Athens Airport
- Athens Sofitel
- Sofitel Athens Airport Greece/Spata