“Lovely - luxury at a price one would expect...”

Sofitel Athens Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely - luxury at a price one would expect...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to catching an early flight from Athens. We cannot fault this hotel - only wished we had longer to enjoy the facilities. From the welcome by Panayiotis on the door to the lovely bar staff (George), it was a treat from beginning to end. The room was spacious and comfortable, the facilities excellent, the bar food delicious. If there was anything that could have been improved it was the extra bed provided for our 10-year-old; this didn't quite match the luxury of the rest of our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your experience in Tripadvisor following your overnight stay at Sofitel Athens Airport in October. My team and myself appreciated to learn that you had a memorable experience from your arrival to the overall quality of the accommodations and the quality of food provided at the bar.
Additionally, we took good notice of your remark in regards to the quality of the extra bed.
We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our premises on future occasions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel first time. Just the welcome is not like in other Hotels. Its warm annd friendly and you are welcomed as a guest. As well Hotel is just opposite airport, you hear nothing. I slept very well and I got an upgrade as well. Be sure, I come back, again in this Hotel. I am really impressed about this Hotel and can recommend it highly. I slept well, it was clean and I had all i needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear valuable guest,
My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent stay in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you enjoyed the soundproofing of the room and the service provided from our staff.
We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you back to our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stay at the Sofitel Athens for one night prior to an early flight back to the UK. Service was first class and we were nominated as customer of the day. the upgrade to the executive floor was gratefully received and made the stay great value. Cannot fault the hotel in any way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent stay in our hotel. My team and myself appreciated to learn that you enjoyed your overall experience as a guest in our hotel.
We thank you once again for sharing your experience and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay if you don't need to stay right in Athens. For an airport layover it could not be more convenient. You go out exit number 3 from the arrival area, cross the street, and you're there. We stayed at both the beginning and the end of our trip, and appreciated the convenience. The rooms are fine--not spacious, but the bed was comfortable, the shower was good, and the free wireless internet connection worked just fine. Though we were looking out at the runway, there was absolutely no airplane noise. Zero. The food in the restaurant was fine, though not spectacular, and I thought it was a bit overpriced. The restaurant staff, however, were excellent--very friendly and eager to please.

During the first part of my stay I needed to rent a car one day and book ferry tickets for another day. The fact that both of these could be done at the airport made the Sofitel location an even greater advantage for me. If you're looking for airport convenience and a comfortable room, the Sofitel is a good choice.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,
My team and myself would like to thank you for your positive review of our hotel and were delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience both times you have stayed with us.
Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff since they work exceptionally hard to make sure that every guest feels special.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Booked hotel as my flight left Athens airport at 6:30am; this hotel was just across the street from the terminal. Hotel was clean, service was friendly and the food in the cafe was very good. I was able to book a hair cut and a manicure in the Spa -- staff was very friendly and service oriented. Would have been really nice had the pool been outdoors so that we could have enjoyed a last afternoon in Greece in the sun!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valuable guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at Sofitel Athens Airport. We were happy to learn that you enjoyed the quality of service provided in our restaurants, the hotel’s wellness centre as well as the hotel's location which is very convenient for the early morning flights.
We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed one very expensive night at this hotel as I had an early flight to get the following morning. I was automatically given a smoking room, which stank, eventually got a non smoking room, not impressed. Room needed cleaning and communal areas need updating. I did email hotel management and they offered me an upgrade the next time I stay there, but this was a pointless exercise because I will never waste my money on this hotel chain again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank galwaygirlonholidays
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our hotel and express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the smoke odour in your room. We were sorry to learn that Sofitel Athens Airport did not meet your expectations of a luxury hotel and thank you once again for your feedback which is very important for us.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a last minute decision and arrangement that we made to stay in Sofitel. We were so glad we did it. The room was so comfortable and clean and the indoor pool was heavenly - such a retreat for our tired bones after much gallivanting in Mykonos and Athens and a good preparation for our onward traveling to the country next door. Because of its vicinity to the airport, we had no problems of finding snacks. Just 2 minutes walk and I got my daily caffein and croissant fix! The service at the hotel was excellent and we were so very fortunate to have met 2 Georges who made our stay there memorable. George no. 1 - the ever helpful Concierge who made the arrangements for our city traveling & who recommended us the driver. Very speedy. Good job George! George no. 2 - the very friendly and knowledgable taxi driver who took us around town. We enjoyed immensely his company and the information he gave us on Athens & the historical sites. How we wished that all taxi drivers were like him! We were so fortunate and blessed to have met these two Georges at Sofitel. We really had a good stay there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear valuable guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience following your last minute stopover in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you appreciated the facilities of the hotel and the service provided from our Concierge and our taxi driver.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Syntagma
#14 of 325 in Athens
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,855 reviews
Syntagma
King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!