Sofitel Athens Airport
$82
Hotels.com
$181
$143
Cabo Verde Hotel(Nea Makri)
$92
Hotel Mati(Athens)
$398
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
4,513 results
All reviewsacross the streetathens airportan early flightnext morningrain showertop floorseparate toiletnight's sleepdeluxe roomconvenient locationbaggage claimflight homegreek islandsexecutive flooran overnight stayan upgradestayed one night
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed one very expensive night at this hotel as I had an early flight to get the following morning. I was automatically given a smoking room, which stank, eventually got a non smoking room, not impressed. Room needed cleaning and communal areas need updating. I did email hotel management and they offered me an upgrade the next time I stay there, but this was a pointless exercise because I will never waste my money on this hotel chain again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank galwaygirlonholidays
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our hotel and express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the smoke odour in your room. We were sorry to learn that Sofitel Athens Airport did not meet your expectations of a luxury hotel and thank you once again for your feedback which is very important for us.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a last minute decision and arrangement that we made to stay in Sofitel. We were so glad we did it. The room was so comfortable and clean and the indoor pool was heavenly - such a retreat for our tired bones after much gallivanting in Mykonos and Athens and a good preparation for our onward traveling to the country next door. Because of its vicinity to the airport, we had no problems of finding snacks. Just 2 minutes walk and I got my daily caffein and croissant fix! The service at the hotel was excellent and we were so very fortunate to have met 2 Georges who made our stay there memorable. George no. 1 - the ever helpful Concierge who made the arrangements for our city traveling & who recommended us the driver. Very speedy. Good job George! George no. 2 - the very friendly and knowledgable taxi driver who took us around town. We enjoyed immensely his company and the information he gave us on Athens & the historical sites. How we wished that all taxi drivers were like him! We were so fortunate and blessed to have met these two Georges at Sofitel. We really had a good stay there.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear valuable guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience following your last minute stopover in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you appreciated the facilities of the hotel and the service provided from our Concierge and our taxi driver.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed one Saturday night here. As it was a Saturday, there were not many business people there. The service from arriving at the door to check out was exceptional. I was upgraded to an executive room, which was spacious, spotlessly clean and had everything you needed inside from a great shower to a shoe horn and many things inbetween. Free WiFi throughout, which worked very well and was so simple to log on to. I did not use the restaurant but ate in the open air seating area (Smoking allowed) beside the Piano Bar. The food and the service were excellent.
I am partially disabled (walking problems), They even went to the airport to get me a trolley, they will do this for anyone who asks. I booked 3 days before arriving, via the Web. The only concern I had, was the price I paid. (154.00 Euros- £128.00). It is a quality hotel and worth this, but all the prices I have seen since are much lower. I would definately stay again. It is probably the closest hotel to an airport I have ever stayed in, Literally the other side of the road. I had no aircraft noise in the room. Some excellent Art Work around the hotel.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking floors, you will be asked on arrival for your choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your detailed review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel. It is indeed our pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overall
experience. Your constructive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to your next visits to our premises.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Sofitel at Athens airport provided us with a wonderful and comfortable stay during our trip. You really can't beat the excellent beds in a Sofitel room which helps to start your day off feeling refreshed and well rested.
The service was professional and very friendly, I would defineately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your stay in our hotel in April. We appreciated to learn that it has been a memorable experience from the rooms to the services provided within the hotel.
We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very convenient for a night stop - rooms not up to Sofitel standard, but very quiet & comfortable. Easy access from the terminal, no more than a 2-3 walk from baggage claim. Didn't use the F&B facilities as we ate breakfast in the Airline Lounge.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Elevators
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback following your stopover in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms.
We were sorry to learn, on the other hand, that Sofitel Athens Airport did not meet your expectations of a luxury hotel and thank you once again for your feedback which is very important for us.