“Disappointing, expensive, stay somewhere else”

Sofitel Athens Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spata
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing, expensive, stay somewhere else”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed one very expensive night at this hotel as I had an early flight to get the following morning. I was automatically given a smoking room, which stank, eventually got a non smoking room, not impressed. Room needed cleaning and communal areas need updating. I did email hotel management and they offered me an upgrade the next time I stay there, but this was a pointless exercise because I will never waste my money on this hotel chain again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank galwaygirlonholidays
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our hotel and express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the smoke odour in your room. We were sorry to learn that Sofitel Athens Airport did not meet your expectations of a luxury hotel and thank you once again for your feedback which is very important for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a last minute decision and arrangement that we made to stay in Sofitel. We were so glad we did it. The room was so comfortable and clean and the indoor pool was heavenly - such a retreat for our tired bones after much gallivanting in Mykonos and Athens and a good preparation for our onward traveling to the country next door. Because of its vicinity to the airport, we had no problems of finding snacks. Just 2 minutes walk and I got my daily caffein and croissant fix! The service at the hotel was excellent and we were so very fortunate to have met 2 Georges who made our stay there memorable. George no. 1 - the ever helpful Concierge who made the arrangements for our city traveling & who recommended us the driver. Very speedy. Good job George! George no. 2 - the very friendly and knowledgable taxi driver who took us around town. We enjoyed immensely his company and the information he gave us on Athens & the historical sites. How we wished that all taxi drivers were like him! We were so fortunate and blessed to have met these two Georges at Sofitel. We really had a good stay there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear valuable guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience following your last minute stopover in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you appreciated the facilities of the hotel and the service provided from our Concierge and our taxi driver.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Northumberland
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed one Saturday night here. As it was a Saturday, there were not many business people there. The service from arriving at the door to check out was exceptional. I was upgraded to an executive room, which was spacious, spotlessly clean and had everything you needed inside from a great shower to a shoe horn and many things inbetween. Free WiFi throughout, which worked very well and was so simple to log on to. I did not use the restaurant but ate in the open air seating area (Smoking allowed) beside the Piano Bar. The food and the service were excellent.
I am partially disabled (walking problems), They even went to the airport to get me a trolley, they will do this for anyone who asks. I booked 3 days before arriving, via the Web. The only concern I had, was the price I paid. (154.00 Euros- £128.00). It is a quality hotel and worth this, but all the prices I have seen since are much lower. I would definately stay again. It is probably the closest hotel to an airport I have ever stayed in, Literally the other side of the road. I had no aircraft noise in the room. Some excellent Art Work around the hotel.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking floors, you will be asked on arrival for your choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your detailed review in Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel. It is indeed our pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overall
experience. Your constructive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to your next visits to our premises.
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Sofitel at Athens airport provided us with a wonderful and comfortable stay during our trip. You really can't beat the excellent beds in a Sofitel room which helps to start your day off feeling refreshed and well rested.
The service was professional and very friendly, I would defineately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your stay in our hotel in April. We appreciated to learn that it has been a memorable experience from the rooms to the services provided within the hotel.
We thank you once again for your precious feedback and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very convenient for a night stop - rooms not up to Sofitel standard, but very quiet & comfortable. Easy access from the terminal, no more than a 2-3 walk from baggage claim. Didn't use the F&B facilities as we ate breakfast in the Airline Lounge.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Elevators
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback following your stopover in our hotel. We were happy to learn that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms.
We were sorry to learn, on the other hand, that Sofitel Athens Airport did not meet your expectations of a luxury hotel and thank you once again for your feedback which is very important for us.
London, England
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A very short walk (less than five minutes from passport control) from both Arrivals and Departures this is a perfectly placed airport hotel. The hotel is the usual mix of business and tourist that you would expect at the airport location.
We arrived (pre booked) at 6pm on Thursday for a one night stay, picking up a hire car from the airport on Friday morning, the car rental pickup location is about a five minute walk from the hotel.
Reception staff were excellent with a good command of English which is always helpful, we were heading to the room on the first floor very quickly. Room was of a good size and very clean,, bed and bedding were very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and contained good quality amenities.
The hotel has an excellent bar with bar meals available there is also an outside area where you can sit and enjoy some good food and drinks from the hotel bar. Being located in the centre of the airport complex noise is not a problem even in the outside bar.
Breakfast was served in the main restaurant, there was a wide choice available and the staff were again excellent, really friendly and professional, a credit to the hotel brand.
When we left Greece a few days later we stopped at the hotel bar for a light lunch before venturing into the airport, it made for a very relaxing change to the hustle of an airport departure lounge.

Room Tip: Even the basic rooms at Sofitel are of a good standard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valuable guest,
My team and myself would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel and for your warm words of appreciation for the quality of service provided by our staff, the comfort of the room and the bedding as well as for the hotel's convenient location.
We thank you once again for sharing your experience and look forward to your next visits to Sofitel Athens Airport.
Villa Park, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a find...this hotel was wonderful! The food in the restaurant was fabulous! And, our room was so nice! We had a late night flight and had left our Cruise Ship early in the morning, so we asked them about a room for the day. Their day rate was so reasonable and close to where we were flying out.

Room Tip: Very comfortable room, so clean and nice! Delicious food in restaurant and I love dessert, wasn'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cyril M, General Manager at Sofitel Athens Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear valuable guest,
We would like to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor following your short at Sofitel Athens Airport. My team and myself were happy to learn that you enjoyed the quality and the service provided in our restaurant as well as the comfort of your room.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to our premises.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spata
Syntagma
Hilton Athens
#20 of 327 in Athens
Avra Rafina
#1 of 1 in Rafina

Been to Sofitel Athens Airport? Share your experiences!