Used the hotel as a base for a few days whilst on business in Greece. Being next to the airport it suits late arrivals and early departures, and has good links to town (even the metro is quite usable). Hotel is to usual Sofitel standard - rooms good and reception staff very helpful. The club room, though, is dire. It is a pokey unmanned room without windows on the top floor. Breakfast in the club room was limited and inedible (flies on the pasteries etc.) and outside of breakfast there is nothing in the way of food. Coffee is machine coffee undrinkable. Soft drinks only other than at happy hour, which is short and early in the evening - we never managed to catch it so cannot comment on it.
Summary - stay for the room and location - don't bother with a club room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Athens Airport is located opposite the Athens International Airport, 10 km from museums, 35 minutes from Athens city center, and adjacent to the Attica Road junction for quick and easy access to any part of Athens. Enjoy a unique experience of both convenience and five-star luxury, in a blend of warm hospitality, modern surroundings, impeccable service and the latest technology. Gourmet restaurant, 24-hour food service, 2 bars and numerous facilities for both business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Athens Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel Spata
- Accor Athens Airport
- Athens Sofitel
- Sofitel Athens Airport Greece/Spata