“Best place to stay in Flores!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flores
Youth Hostel Los Amigos
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Flores
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Really great place to stay in Flores. The tour company that works out of the place is really helpful and not pushy to sell and it's really easy to get to Tikal. The communal area is also a great place to chill. Service at the bar and kitchen can be a little slow but it's not really a big problem.

• Stayed: May 2014
Matthias d, Manager at Youth Hostel Los Amigos, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Hi! Thanks for your review! Makes us happy you had such a great time! :)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

That was my first time here because of a few people told me that it was a good place but on my arrival , staff , service were to to bad, sorry for that but is not a place to stay. Is more for cheap people here. So, will never recommend this place even for stay. There is not a good vibe here and is not a place to met someone here. Rooms are not good, so hot, staff not even professional and the info when you arrived is so terrible. Never again in this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MEXSUISSE

Hi! Thanks for writing and of course we appreciate your opinion! You sure have strong feelings about the place! A place for cheap people.... Well I think we offer a 5 star service at a backpacker price. But obviously you have experienced the contrary. I wish you would have come to see the management so we could have solved things for your straight away as now your reasons are very vague to me! Anyhow, I hope you had a lovely travel onwards and that you enjoyed this beautiful country!

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Fun, party hostel! The bar stays open really late yet they're very conscientious about noise in the area of the rooms and you can sleep soundly- everyone's happy! Great base for Tikal, good food, great atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Hi! Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and the service! Hope you had a great trip! Warm Greetz, Los Amigos

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the los amigos2 which is the second building of the hostel where the private rooms are, so my review applys only to this part of the hostel (not the dorms).

For starter, to get to our room we had to duck under the stairs every time, which was pretty chalenging with our big bags on our backs. Then we found out water entered our room through the little balcony's door and wetned our bag and almost destroyed our books. The room, and the bed especially, was full of ANTS.
And in addition, our building had no hot water for the 2 days we stayed there (the first building did have hot water)!

Unfortunatly we paid for both nights in advance so we couldnt switch to another place, though friends of ours who stayed in one of the hotels paid the same price (150q) but got a much better room. Plus, the hostel was full so we couldnt change rooms (not that it mattered, we heard other rooms also had beds full of ants).

About the restaurant- the food was ok with reasonable prices but it took them about an hour to serve it, so not recommended if you're realy hungry..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi! Thanks for letting us know your inconveniences! Well, yeah... Most people dont really mind the fact that you have to duck under the stairs to get to the room. Especially since the room has a extra benefit that it has a little private patio where you can lie down in your own hammock. Ants in the rooms is very strange to hear for me as I almost never hear that complaint and as rooms are cleaned and desinfected on a daily basis. But I will definately look into it!

As for the waiting time! We have hired extra staff and we make it a policy to inform everyone if waiting time is longer than 30 minutes so guests can choose for themselves if they mind the wait or rather eat outside.

I am sorry to hear you didnt have an ideal stay with us and I apologize for any inconveniences!

Warm Greetz
Los Amigos

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Pros: great location, restaurant on site, travel agency that will help you arrange tours and travel (although some of the things that they claim to offer are not longer really offered), big lockers, fun atmosphere to meet people and hang out. Cons: NOISY. Although they have a huge bar/restaurant area in the back, they claim that they make everyone be quiet and go to the noise-proof room in the back after 9 PM. Not true for any of the four days I was there, even with ear plugs I had trouble sleeping (and I'm generally a pretty heavy sleeper) since people banged in and out of the dorm room at all hours, yelled to friends in the bar area, and generally just made noise. The bathrooms were also pretty dirty. Overall: a fun place to stay if what you want is to hang out and party, if you are looking for someplace chill to get some relax or get some sleep, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the front dorm room on the right when you enter--very noisy since you can hear everythi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Hi! Thanks for letting your opinion know to us! It seems like our nightguard wasnt on top of things as normally it is really unacceptable that people make noise when leaving the bar! I wish you would have come to see me as I could have provided a room in Los Amigos 2, the quieter building around the corner with your private roof terrace and view on the lake! I am sorry again!

Have a great time ahead! Warm greetings, Los Amigos

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Emailed ahead to book a dorm room for two nights, but when I arrived they had given it away and had no space. I then payed for a hammock which is in the common area near the bar. I was told that at 9:00 they close the area off so people could get some sleep, but this did not happen and although they turned one light off, they did nothing to make the area quiet. And when I got into the hammock it was soaking wet cause there was a hole in the roof. Although the food was nice and the information on tours and buses was good, my experience was not.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Habasssd

Hi! I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is very rare that we double a reservation. Often we tell people to confirm their arrival if they arrive after 5 pm as it happens very often that people change their minds last moment and we stay with empty beds. Did you arrive later at night? For everyone else reading this. If you arrive after 5 pm please confirm your reservation, so we are sure you will really show up.

The roof has been replaced above the hammocks! I am sorry for the inconvenience. And rest assure that the sound issue has been adressed as our nightguard absolutely needs to keep quiet any people in the late hours!

Warm Greetings,

Los Amigos

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Was so happy to stay in this Hostel, was a fantastic experience all the staff here are amazing, they go above and beyond to make your stay here enjoyable! The food here is exceptional considering the amount of people that eat here for a hostel, they must work like crazy! They have a great night lounge in the back which opens at 9pm, we was told this is for keeping the noise down for people to sleep in dorm ready for Tikal early trips! which is really considerate! Also a free Tequila also goes down a treat. Would recommend this hostel to everybody travelling through Flores, because its about the only hostel in town thats equipped for travellers! Loved this place, could of spend a lot longer here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi! That´s what makes all our hard work our while! People like you that have such a great time in our house! Thanks so much for taking the time to share! Warm greetz, Los Amigos