“Very informative tour on the boat Tzimin Chac”

Historic Round Trip Tzimin Chac
Ranked #8 of 15 things to do in Flores
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourist raft "Tzimin Chac" leaves daily, every hour on the hour from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm from a dock at the west site of the island of Flores, Guatemala (National Heritage). The panoramic trip alongside the shore of the island and on Lake Peten Itza takes around 45 minutes. Apart of taking spectacular pictures from the water site, passengers have the opportunity to listen to an interesting recording on board. Both in English and in Spanish, they obtain facts and information about Flores, the lake and also hear the impressive Maya history of this area (Hernán Cortés, the Spanish conquest & King Kanek of the Maya Itzá, the crime of the Franciscan monks, the legend of the famous “Horse of Thunder”, etc.). Typical Guatemalan Marimba background music makes this trip a relaxing, safe and pleasant experience.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've just returned from a trip to Flores, Guatemala, where my girlfriend and I celebrated her Birthday. There is a new attraction there that I would highly reccomend, it is an around the island tour on the Catamaran style boat Tzimin Chac. We took the 6:00pm tour, just as the sun was going down, and not only was it beautiful, it is narrated, and although I have lived in Guatemala on and off for 20 years, I learned more about the history of this area, and Guatemala than I ever knew. The staff was professional, and friendly. The boat was well maintained, with life jackets for all passengers, and of a very colorful and unusual design. Highly reccomended!

19  Thank Pablo085
There are newer reviews for Historic Round Trip Tzimin Chac

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I enjoyed the boat tour very much. We learned a great deal about the history of the area & the ride itself was very relaxing. We highly recommend this-especially to those new to the area.

12  Thank Rkingmusic13
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This tour needs 45 min. We had some spare time so we thought to take a trip. Getting on the boat I noticed the roof made out of palm leaves (guano) which is typical for this area, giving you shade from the sun. They have about 20 seats and a life vest for everyone (that is not common! I just remembered the Ferry from Belize).

When coming to Flores, most travelers are there to visit the ruins of Tikal. After taking this round trip I found out that the little Island Flores has a by far bigger history than it seems, left aside in the shades of Tikal. AMAZINGLY well done, friend of mine meant it is so well done it sounds just like a documentation on NATGEO and I agree, for a tape recording it is clear and very easy to listen to (English & Spanish). This tour takes you around the island, feeding you with historical facts (battles against the conquerers from Spain), local legends and facts about the lake Peten, I mean you will not get this information that easily and that well presented, it just leaves no way for anyone to pass on it! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

29  Thank Oliver2111
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The best way to get some information about Flores, the surroundings and the history. I really enjoeyed the trip. Commentary is in english and spanish and sound really professional. You can also hire the boat for a private trip.
AWESOME!!

47  Thank Rike Lea M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The only word for it is AMAZING!!!! It was the perfect ride around the the Island of Flores and on the Lago Peten Itza. When you are in photography like I am...You CAN NOT MISS THIS TRIP!!!! there is no other chance to get a better view on the Island!!! And what made it realy better than other boattrips is the information you get about the area and ancient mayan history!!!
as well the cool tips of difrent activities, beside of going to Tikal, which we could listen too, have benn realy helpfull and made us stay 2 more nights in Flores.....

53  Thank ontour132