“Great view, good food”

Capitan Tortuga
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Flores
Cuisines: Central American, Pizza, Guatemalan, South American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Moncton, Canada
“Great view, good food”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended to us by a taxi driver. We had drinks and took the local specialties for dinner. The food was good, the service was fast and efficient and the terrace overlooking the lake is very nice.

Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Sit outside, enjoy the view, and don't rush - have ice-cream for dessert”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place has sweet touches (exemplified in the photo of the railings) and friendly but not overly attentive staff (they happily took pictures of us upon request and interacted despite our language deficits.) The meals were large but so good that we ate everything. We had the super nachos and would recommend them. There seemed to be the expectation that we would linger and enjoy the view, which we did. Ice cream, which comes from the adjacent counter, comes in great variety and is excellent. It is a little pricier than other places in town, but well worth there white-table cloth atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Had the feel of a chain restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friends and I spent a late afternoon touring Tikal (which was awesome). Our guide recommended this restaurant because it was near our hotel and had a variety of food to choose from (my companions are vegetarian). I tried to order one item asking for a substitution, but was told they couldn't substitute an ingredient. I ended up getting the chicken with spinach and cheese. It was ok - the chicken was very dry. It was a terrible meal, but it wasn't very good either - just average. There seems to be better options on Flores.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrendous”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a really lovely day in Flores. It's very nice. Then went for a nice meal with 2 friends. But lo' and behold this innocent venture to Captain Tortugas turned swiftly to a nightmare. First off no one at all was in the restaurant. The toilets downstairs were locked/out of order. The waiter payed no attention to my order and proceeded to give me diced potatoe when I specifically ordered baked potatoes. I speak fluent Spanish. The steak I had was grey and disgusting. I didn't eat it. The service was poor and they Added 10% on the order which was already overpriced. After recovering slightly from this tragedy I thought I'd cheer myself up with a delicious ice cream next door which is also ran by Tortuga. But the woman was too busy filling up a pot with chopped nuts and literally said not one word as she filled my friends order. She was a disgrace. All in all I'd rather have eaten nothing because now I'm sitting here feeling sick. I hate Captain Tortuga!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Old_Goat14
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The best pizza I had in Flores.

Thin crust, fresh ingrediants.

Good service and value.

Woth avisit when in Flores.

• Visited May 2013