“Simple Place but Great Staff”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Posada de la Jungla
Ranked #14 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Flores
penang
“Simple Place but Great Staff”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

While the hotel itself is quite simple, yet typical for Guatemalan standards, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay warrant the great rating. I arrived in Flores at 1am with a reservation to another hotel, only to have them inform me they gave away my room. So, I showed up, at 1am, without a reservation (during Semana Santa) and they gave me a room and honored the rate from the first hotel. On the second day, I had to move rooms for a big group coming and was moved to the 3rd floor where it was much brighter and had a balcony. I mentioned that I wanted a tv (this room didn't have one) and they moved me to a third room with a tv! They helped me buy tickets for a tour of Tikal and for a shuttle to Semuc Champey, and even walked to the shuttle office and bought the ticket for me when the shuttle company never arrived. I read some previous reviews about concerns with the receptionist stealing, but I believe they fired that person since the guy I met had only been working since January. Both he and the other woman (the only 2 full-time staff) were beyond lovely and accommodating. The hotel is nicely located (close to the lake and all but not in the heart of the noise) and the hot water showers were the best pressure and temperature I've had in all of Guatemala! If you are looking for a simple, nice hotel, I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Wifi works best on 3rd floor and they have the balconies and views, but no tvs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed April 7, 2012

It is the worst place to stay in the beautiful island of Flores, the guy from the reception is a miserable thief, stealing us 480 euros! I can not believe it yet. It's a shame to keep those memories of a beautiful place.

Room Tip: do not stay in this hotel or hostel, it sucks.. really
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Juan H

Travelers are raving about these Flores hotels