“Great Pasta”

Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Flores
Cuisines: Pizza, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Artesanal Cuisine Restaurant, Grill And Wood Oven At The Sight Of The Customer. With A Great View Of The Peten Itza Lake.
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great food, we were a party of 10 and we all had different plates, the pinchos were tasty, the pasta was amazing, I have 2 picky eaters and they devour the pasta, the lemonades were also tasty, the setting of the restaurant is great, you can enjoyed the view of the lake while eating, we will definitely visit this place again when we return to Tikal, the only thing is that the servers did not speak any English so you have to manage to explain what you are having to eat (great way to practice Spanish)

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Sindy F

• Hebrew first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Good food and location”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Raices is very good for food, service and value.

There are many typical plates. The nachos are very
good.

Worth a visit when in Flores.,

2 Thank Ignacio L
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Good food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good simple menu at reasonable prices.

The nachos are good as are other typical plates.

Service and value are good too.

3 Thank Misraln A
“Mold on the bread of my hamburger!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a day at Tikal my fiancé and I were starving. We saw the menu and location and thought this would be a safe bet. I saw they wrote on the menu that all of their vegetables were washed with purified water. This put our minds at ease. It took them a while to take our order. They were not very busy. I ordered a Hamburger and my fiancé ordered a salad. By the time I got the hamburger, I was beyond hungry. I took a bite and noticed the bread tasted like it was stale and had been toasted to hide it. Upon closer inspection of the bun, I noticed chunks had been taken off the bread and there were little blue/green spots of mold on the rest of the bread. They had obviously intentionally given me moldy bread. I spit it out and left. This experience made me paranoid about eating at these restaurants in the off season. I would have paid anything to have a descent clean meal. Ended up eating at Burger King that day, although the best meal I had on our visit was The Mayan Cafe.

5 Thank Alanstone1969
CLAUDIA G, Propietario at Raices Bar and Grill, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Good afternoon, I am so sorry for the inconvenient of your hamburguer, that day the manager inform me about the problem, our bread has not preservants so it's life is very short and the kitchen personal violated one of our procedures, that is to look that the bread is in good condition before serving it. I am very sorry that this happened in the restaurant and believe I'm looking forward this doesn't happen again. Thank you for your constructive criticism these will make us better.
Lake Atitlan
“Nice location and good food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a larger restaurant that I have seen filled with the "big bus" tour groups. I always stay away when I see a restaurant filled with the big groups, but in the case of my visit, there were only a half a dozen tables filled. There was soccer game happening at the time, and every other restaurant I walked by had the TV blasting loud with the game. Since I am not a sports fan, I wanted a little quiet. Raices had the game on, but the TV was turned down low so the guests could enjoy conversation.
The lunch special was what we chose, and at 70 Q a plate, was perfect for sharing. Some restaurants do not like people sharing, but they were perfectly fine with it and brought us an extra plate. I recommend their chimichuri sauce (3 Q extra) on the side. It is a great blend of olive oil, roasted garlic, and parsley. Guatemalan pesto, so to speak. The sauce was great to spread on the tortillas.

Visited April 2013