“Breakfast and coffee”

Cool Beans Cafe
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Flores
Cuisines: American, Guatemalan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Search Cool Beans, Flores, Guatemala and you'll find a few references online about this restaurant. It's run by a wife/husband couple. Janette is employeed with a local NGO, Concern America, that provides health care training in Guatemala. Her husband is from Guatemala and is training the be an architect. He cooks and she often helps with serving. They've got two fantastic girls and their restaurant is often a hangout for locals after work. Looking forward to having this place added to Trip Advisor so I can post a great review.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in for coffee only but ended up eating breakfast also. Had French toast which was very good. The juices were also good. The service was pretty good- just a little slow on coffee refills. After breakfast we went back to the rooms. I returned for a cappuccino . Stayed at the restaurant and relaxed. I plan to return when I can.

21  Thank Dana W

Reviewed March 9, 2013

this is more than good...oasis of cafeine and licuados :-)

we had great - food (granola/nachos/bfast), great coffees (loads of them - bottomless black and tasty lattes), great licuados (fresh fruit with water or milk)

other positives - free water, clean bathroom, great view and shade if you need it not to mention very friendly service that that does not rush you :-) ....oh and my friend tells me free condoms but did not check this one

cant really fault it on anything...well worth a visit we spent quite a bit of time here :-)

27  Thank DLMG
Reviewed March 8, 2013

great atmosphere beautiful view great food, free wifi and guitars in the bar section, chilled out afternoon evenings :D

26  Thank keith d
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stopped by Cool Beans with some friends on a recent visit to Flores. We walked around the island from our hotel at Casa Amelia and saw the inviting patio at the back of the cafe. We got a table with a good view of the lake. We started off with coffee as we relaxed during a pleasant breezy morning. I wasn't very hungry so I had a berry smoothie. My friends had French Toast and pancakes.

Cool Beans was a great discovery. I loved their back patio area. The service was very good and the food was delicious. I look forward to returning again on our trips to Flores in the future.

26  Thank Razorfish
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food drinks and environment are great, but most importantly the food and drinks are safe for travelers. The patio is beautifully landscaped and has an awesome, relaxing view of the lake. The food is great! I had breaskfast there everyday and returned for other meals and to just "hang out" and have a drink in the evenings. Great mix of music that appeals to all travelers. Give this place a try . . . .you are sure to enjoy it!

26  Thank Julie h