“Great place,great people.”
Review of Cactus Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McLean
Cactus Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 McLean B&B and Inns
Winnsboro, Texas
“Great place,great people.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed last year during a trip from Texas to Colorado. The rooms were cute, clean and comfortable. The steakhouse up the road had awesome food. Peggy was a most gracious host. We are traveling to Colorado again this week and will most certainly be staying again. Hope to see you Friday or Saturday.
I was reading the reviews and I can't imagine anyone having anything negative to say about this Motel : )

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shoegirl907

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Hampshire
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Here is a chance to sample a bit of history and stay in a typical motel that use to line the original Rte 66 before the building of the Interstate system. The Cactus Inn Motel is located in the small town of McLean, TX off of I-40 which during it's heyday contained 16 gas stations and numerous cafes and motels. What you get for $50 is a basic clean room with WiFi. The steakhouse (Red River) next door is also recommended. We stay here twice a year on our drive from NH to Tucson. So skip the big hotels in Shamrock and give this gem a try.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tigerguy
Arkansas
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three times in the last few years on our way from Arkansas to New Mexico to visit family. It's a throwback to the old days, without pretense or anything else other than a comfortable little room in a small town on the old Rt 66/I-40 highway. Peggy and her husband are very sweet people who make you feel welcome, and the Red River Steakhouse next door is a great place to eat and enjoy after a long day on the road. As long as the present owners continue to manage the Cactus Inn, we will be back--it's much preferable to an impersonal chain motel in a larger city a few miles down the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank gtl97
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Where do I begin?
My fiance & I were quite, quite pleased @ this one! We had been driving old Route 66 through the Southern part of Oklahoma that day; needless to say we were exhausted! The lady who checked us in was really quite sweet & we even chatted about "who had the most sounding Irish names". Hungry as we were, we inquired about food.
She kinda mumbled something about a convience store across town. Apon further research, the town's restaurant seemed to be closed on Sundays. Sooo, exhausted as we were, my fiance and I were like "we can survive on trail mix for the night".
To make a long story short, we were greeted with true "Southern Hospitality" by the facilities man Butch. Hotdogs, beers, salad... he fed us!!! He was a character & nice guy.
As my fiance said, "that was a good 'welcome to texas' night."
And I agree.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank brognome
Tucumcari, New Mexico
Reviewed December 18, 2011

When traveling across the panhandle of Texas, skip the hustle and bustle of the big city to enjoy the Cactus Inn Motel! We have stayed several times, and each time, the service was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The Red River Steakhouse next door is one of the best restaurants around, too. McLean isn't a fancy town, but there are interesting and historic sights to see (like the Devil's Rope Museum), and it's quiet for a nice walk and a good night's sleep. Don't miss this little gem!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank krmtrains1
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Cactus Inn was the most pleasant site driving on 40/66 after the sun had set. Peggy the manager (a gem of a soul) was very accommodating as I was able to secure one of the last rooms available. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. The amenities were simple, but I would stay again, and I would make a reservation to make sure I wasnt left out in the cold--or heat--of the day. I agree with others...worth every penny. Excellent would be reserved for a longer stay to take in more of the surrounding area and enjoy the room for more than just a late-night stop and early morning departure. Well done, Peggy! The coffee in the room was good, by the way.

Room Tip: It's a Route 66 location--it doesnt matter, but 16 is next to the laundry room, so it is quiet a...