“Good value”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
PADEN
“Good value”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The room was very clean. The manager on duty was pleasant. The heat in the room only kept the chill. They did offer us an upstairs room but that was not an option for my handicapped mother. The parking spaces were ice packed which also made it difficult.

• Stayed December 2012
Quality Inn H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We apologise about the inconvenience that you had to endure with the heater and parking. We were able to fix the heater because of your feedback and are working promptly on resolving the parking issue thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I made a reservation on line because I needed to go down and pick up my wife's car from a body shop. Within an hour the body shop called and said the car wouldn't be done. At this point it was 22 and one half hours before check in. I called to change the reservation and Vanessa refused because it was less than 24 hours before check in and a change had already been made due to a mistake. Totally arbitrary on Vanessa's part. She chose not to change it because of "policy" even though she had changed it once. When you try calling the 800 numbers you get a total runaround of "choices" and it is real difficult to get a real person. When I finally did, I got hung up on twice being forwarded to "Customer Service". Quality has my money and I don't have a room on the day I am going to be in the state all because they refuse to make 30 seconds worth of changes in the computer. Nice work Vanessa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark C

Travelers are raving about these McKinney hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived at the inn after booking on Priceline (first mistake). The hotel staff was friendly and served us promptly, considering the fact that it was about 10 PM. We were a little surprised by the coupon system for the pool and breakfast.

Upon entering our room, we were greeted with the smell we could only describe as "old-lady perfume". Crickets littered the room, which we planned to deal with because that's not something that can be controlled easily, especially due to the fact that the rooms open to the outside, and we're overly-forgiving. My girlfriend took off her shoes to get comfortable and minutes later jumped in the shower. She noticed a black sludge coming off of her feet. I checked my socks and saw I picked up the same sludge from the carpet.

We immediately decided this was not an experience we could deal with and requested a resolution at the front desk. They offered us another room and quickly found this room too did not live up to the Quality Inn name. I requested my money back, including the pet deposit, which was verbally agreed to (second mistake - always get signatures, names, and titles).

I've consistently checked my bank account for a credit and for two months tried to work with them to get my money back. Management at the Quality Inn (Vanessa) claimed Priceline had my money and Priceline claimed Quality Inn had my money. I'm writing this in November after this event in July. I've yet to see my money.

I will not stay at a Quality Inn or book with Priceline if I can help it and highly advise against staying at the Quality Inn McKinney.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PhillipH939
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice staff and room. It was clean and comfortable, but the walls were very thin. Even though we arrived late (1:30), there were still people yelling outside our room until around 3am (Saturday night).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karana316
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a transient hotel on our way home. Far enough outside Dallas to be away from the traffis and noise. It turned out to be really comfortable! Staff was very pleasant to deal with, breakfast was pretty good (albeit standard fare), and rooms were very clean. Several places to eat within easy walking distance. Overall, it is a recommended place to stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Don W
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

While on a layover in Denver, I called and reserved a room at this motel because we were to land in Dallas around 6 p.m. and we wanted to get out of the busy area and stay somewhere that was on the way home which is a 6 hour drive. I actually called to get the Comfort Inn but they messed up and put us here by mistake. This motel is located just off of I-75 North and you can see it from the Interstate, it's just at the end of the exit. Perfect for a night's sleep while traveling. Despite a few hitches trying to get in a room, we did stay and I must say, the front desk staff is so friendly and helpful with anything you ask for. They've done renovations on the rooms and they have made them quite nice. Flat screen tv's, nice comfy (really comfy!) beds, paint jobs, new fixtures, new carpet....our room smelled new! The guy at the front desk when we got there, I think his name was Daniel and he was just as helpful as could be...he even offered to help us carry luggage upstairs (there is no elevator). We got up there and the door was wide open and come to find out, the maintenance staff had left the door open by accident after they had done some work in there. Daniel put us in a different room that was downstairs close to the office. He told us what room and he met us there with the key cards. He apologized and took $10 off of our room rate for the inconvenience. It is located right next to a bar/club and if you go outside you can hear the band playing pretty loud but in our room we could not hear it and we slept well. I think the rate for our room after he took the $10 off was like $68, tax included. We woke up the next morning and like I said, I-75 is just right there so we checked out and away we went. This was our first time at this motel but after reading reviews I knew before we got there that it was newly renovated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmersville, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this location in early August while I was waiting on the AC unit at my home to be replaced. I booked online and they had my keys waiting on me when I arrived. The girl at the front desk was very nice! The room was cool and though this building is somewhat old the room was really clean. The bed was comfortable and the tv was good. I'm usually not a fan of the room door opening direcly outside but I felt safe at this location.

Room Tip: I would request not to stay in the rooms on the North side side of hotel because there is a busy bar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo