“Just Ok”

La Misha
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is just OK to me. I am not a huge fan. A girl friend and I went for lunch one time. They were not very busy but took a long time for us to get our salads. They were both good. but probably will not go back.

1  Thank mscarla
There are newer reviews for La Misha

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We tried the smoked salmon, egg, crisp bread caviar which was different and very tasty. Also the potatoes were tender and yummy. Goulash meat was sooo delicious, wanted some more juice though, Ice cream with berry sauce super unique and delicious. Still would maybe go back most for the divinely dense chocolate cake. All wines, cab, zin, m really good. Never even thought of coming here in a hurry so service seemed prompt to us. Nice, attentive people.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Oh, La Misha... How I wanted to love you. So much so that when we first moved to McKinney, I thought you would become "our place." Alas, though I consider myself a patient person, I avoid you even when all the other restaurants on the square are full and you are not.

The positive: super cool atmosphere, neat mosaic bar, prime patio real estate, somewhat expansive menu.

The negative (which vastly outweighs the positive): the service. It's terrible. Or maybe it's the kitchen speed that's terrible and service just gets a bad rap. In either case, if it takes 45 minutes to bring me a dish of hummus and some pita bread and another half an hour to bring me a salad when there are four other tables of 2-4 people in the entire place, I can't eat at your restaurant.

It may be a compliment to the freshness of the food: I think they are stomping the garbanzo beans while you wait, but that's a little too fresh for me unless they staff up - both in the kitchen and on the floor. (The waiter/bartender and waitress/hostess were sweating and rushing so much last time I was there it literally made me uncomfortable. By the way, that was the night we missed half of a live show because dinner took so long, even though we had allowed well over and hour and ordered apps and salad.

Unfortunately, my experiences have not been isolated. It's consistent.

By the way, the food is just fine.

1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Wow, what a coincident, I logged in to write a review for a great birthday party we had at La Misha for my son’s 18th birthday. The people with the unhappy review were sitting outside, when I arrived early with my 3 other kids, to set up for my son’s surprise birthday party. We were going to have the restaurant for our party from 4-8 with no other uninvited guests. We had a great time, good food, our own bartender. We appreciate their efforts to take care of our family and friends (45 guests), considering that it was during the arts festival and they had a busy day. I would have given them more than 5 Stars.

1  Thank Carmela C
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Tried La Misha during the McKinney Art Festival last week about 4pm. Big mistake. They were NOT very busy. Seated on the patio, we ordered drinks and then a salad for each of us (only two...). We were told we had to order off the dinner menu. We waited and waited. Asked the waiter for bread or crackers. About 30 minutes later he said he could "see if he could scrounge up something" to tide us over. Wow...a Mediterranean restaurant that can't provide pita bread for snack or SOMETHING. He finally brought us over a bowl with 6 crackers in it that we're broken and looked half-eaten. Almost an hour after arriving, we never got our salads and just paid for our drinks. They said they had a big party to tend to inside. Walked in and saw a birthday group of 6.....really?? We left and went next door to Ricks Chophouse, which had AMAZING salads AND great service. Please see my review for Rick's.

1  Thank Traveling-Texan3