“Great food!!! Love the La Misha salad!!!”
Review of La Misha - CLOSED

La Misha
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2012

It may take time to get your food but it is well worth it!! I always take friends and family and they ask to go back. Everything is fresh and great quality. She cooks it up fresh. My kids even love it!! She make healthy and fresh kids meals. My son loves the tomato soup. Romantic atmosphere with local art on the walls. Very European.

2  Thank Julie D

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We live in the area and wanted to try something new and La Misha sounded like it would be a wonderful experience - it was also recommended by one of the local shops near by. we had company in town and thought we'd found something special - boy were we wrong!

The waitress was very friendly and helpful, but after waiting over an hour after our order was taken and appetizer eaten, we decided we'd had enough. I went to talk with the waitress, who incidentally did not recognize me when I went inside to inquire about our food (she wanted to seat me! ) She said that the food would be out and that they were still cooking my steak. we continued to wait another 10 minutes or so, but had to leave to honor another commitment we had that evening. Needless to say, the waitress NEVER came out to check on us, nor the chef, which I would have expected after someone comes in to inquire about their food order. We left with empty stomachs and disappointed company.

We ended up going to Petra's, also in McKinney, which always has excellent food and service, especially for the price. I wish La Misha well, but with the service we experienced I don't think they'll be around very long.

5  Thank Greg H
Reviewed April 26, 2012

La Misha is a very nice little gem in McKinney. It's a small family run restaurant where you get good food, good service, nice atmosphere (check out the table in the window) all combined with music and hospitality. Check out the different theme weeks, like mediterranean or Swedish weeks.

1  Thank Claes B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I ate at La Misha while in Mckinney on a Friday evening. While every other place on the square was busy, not at La Misha, we were seated immediately. On a beautiful Spring night, not a soul on the patio and there were a few people at two tables inside. We waited 20 minutes without a word from our waiter and then he proceded to make excuses for the Chief not showing up for work that day. Our food which was off the dinner menu Lamb and Tilapia.....I must say the worse meal ever!!!! We could not even manage to eat it. The meal was pricey $80 for the two of us and Im sorry to say but the worse meal we ever had!!! The salad look like they had just open up a bag of spring lettuce and dumped in on the Plate. The Fish im sure was microwaved and had no flavor, and the lamb tasted like cardboard. While the atmosphere is wonderful and eclectic, can not make up for how tasteless the food is. Not sure how they are still in business!!

3  Thank Planoteri
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Friday evening 7:ish, 30+ minute wait at 2 other McK Square restaurants but not at LaMisha, we were seated immediately. There were people at 3 patio tables but not a soul inside. We sat at our table for at least 15 minutes without a word from our eventual waiter who’d bussed the table next to us making no less than 3 trips directly past us. How about, “I’ll be right with you”? I finally had to go inside, to the bar, to place a drink order. I thought it funny when I was asked who my server was, “I wish I knew”. I was surprised to learn the guy who walked past our table many times, again-without a word, was the waiter. Now, I’m not a wine snob but a Red Zin is a red wine. Don’t give me White-Zin (blush) and tell me it’s been that way on the menu for 6 years. It’s not even remotely the same thing. After another 10 minutes of zero attention we left. I’ll never be back, what a shame, this could be a cool place; and unless it’s a front for some money laundering operation, they could be doing much better financially. This is a joke of a restaurant!

This was the conversation between the table next to us and their waiter. “We’ve never been here, what’s good?”…”Everything, people complain about our service but never about the food”.

3  Thank KFrisco