“International, cozy and good”
Review of La Misha - CLOSED

La Misha
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2012

La Misha is a very nice little gem in McKinney. It's a small family run restaurant where you get good food, good service, nice atmosphere (check out the table in the window) all combined with music and hospitality. Check out the different theme weeks, like mediterranean or Swedish weeks.

1  Thank Claes B

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I ate at La Misha while in Mckinney on a Friday evening. While every other place on the square was busy, not at La Misha, we were seated immediately. On a beautiful Spring night, not a soul on the patio and there were a few people at two tables inside. We waited 20 minutes without a word from our waiter and then he proceded to make excuses for the Chief not showing up for work that day. Our food which was off the dinner menu Lamb and Tilapia.....I must say the worse meal ever!!!! We could not even manage to eat it. The meal was pricey $80 for the two of us and Im sorry to say but the worse meal we ever had!!! The salad look like they had just open up a bag of spring lettuce and dumped in on the Plate. The Fish im sure was microwaved and had no flavor, and the lamb tasted like cardboard. While the atmosphere is wonderful and eclectic, can not make up for how tasteless the food is. Not sure how they are still in business!!

3  Thank Planoteri
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Friday evening 7:ish, 30+ minute wait at 2 other McK Square restaurants but not at LaMisha, we were seated immediately. There were people at 3 patio tables but not a soul inside. We sat at our table for at least 15 minutes without a word from our eventual waiter who’d bussed the table next to us making no less than 3 trips directly past us. How about, “I’ll be right with you”? I finally had to go inside, to the bar, to place a drink order. I thought it funny when I was asked who my server was, “I wish I knew”. I was surprised to learn the guy who walked past our table many times, again-without a word, was the waiter. Now, I’m not a wine snob but a Red Zin is a red wine. Don’t give me White-Zin (blush) and tell me it’s been that way on the menu for 6 years. It’s not even remotely the same thing. After another 10 minutes of zero attention we left. I’ll never be back, what a shame, this could be a cool place; and unless it’s a front for some money laundering operation, they could be doing much better financially. This is a joke of a restaurant!

This was the conversation between the table next to us and their waiter. “We’ve never been here, what’s good?”…”Everything, people complain about our service but never about the food”.

3  Thank KFrisco
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My mom and I ate there while in McKinney for a wedding. Our food was wonderful. Definitely one of the best restaurants in which I have ever dined. Everything is made to order and heavenly. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu, and the wine was excellent too. It's also well-decorated, very comfortable and pretty, and well-located in historic downtown McKinney.

1  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed January 31, 2012

After reading the bi-polar reviews I realized I needed to remove all that had their comments on Misha as their sole input on trip advisor, good or bad. First of all when it comes to reviews one has no idea how the reviewer is in the real world. They could be the kind who doesn't talk if they are not complaining, or they could be a level headed, well rounded person. Having never noticed this bistro before, we finally made our way to it tonight for dinner. If I wanted to nit-pick I certainly could, but I can do that anywhere! For starters this is a locally owned and operated business and for that alone I give some leeway. If you have never owned your own business, then you may not understand. My interest is in the quality/taste of the food and in that vein I found this place to hits on all cylinders. The tabouleh was flavorful and fresh and unlike where I usually obtain it, this had lots of great fresh tomato in it. The hummus was fine as well-Would prefer to see kalamata olives rather than regular sliced black olives, but that's me. The pasta bean soup was full of wonderful herbs and flavor! I enjoyed the Mediterranean salad with gyro meat and my bride had the Swedish meatballs with potatoes and salad. She very much enjoyed her meal as I did mine. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to try a dessert, we had the coconut cake-best either of us had ever had. We look forward to trying other dishes on our next visit!!!

1  Thank BrettMC