“Not as good as Benihanas”

Shogun Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #177 of 302 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Priced about the same, and a good show, but food quality is not up to Benihana's standards.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great food, friendly staff and great atmosphere! The hibachi che's do give you an entertaining show :)

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Cooks are very funny and food is fresh and cooked to order at your table.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I love the fried rice and the soup and the salad and the Ginger sauce!!! Everything on the Hibachi side is excellent! My husband has had some drinks from the bar - he said they were good too! I almost always get the Hiabchi steak and scallops. It comes with a wonderful salad and soup. It costs a little extra for the fried rice the chef makes while he cooks but it is DEFINITELY worth it!

BTW - the chefs we have had here are always funny and joking with us and our kids! Don't tell the kids but they will pretend to squirt a bottle that is actually a trick thing with a string that "squirts" out! Cracks us up! They toss the eggs in the air, have a big voom fire and all the things I love about Hibachi style eating!!

Some friends enjoyed the Sushi. I never touch the stuff =)

All I can say is I like Shogun better than Benihanas, Hibachi ROck or Kobe Steaks as far as Hibachi goes... THis is my favorite in the North Dallas area!

We have celebrated lots of birthdays here, they have a lovely dessert, sing in Japanese and give you a picture souvenir!

2  Thank GreenAcresGardens
Reviewed April 24, 2009

This is our entire family's favorite place to eat in McKinney. We have been eating here since the day the doors opened and average at least one meal a week here. Our grandchildren always ask to go to Shogun and we do all family birthday's there. It's a great place for lunch (especially on Sunday). We used to eat at another Japanese steakhouse but once Shogun opened in McKinney we have been disappointed in any other Japanese steakhouse we have visited (when we are out of town).