“Fit for Royalty!”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed November 17, 2012

well, I felt like I was royalty from the moment of arrival to the time I reluctantly left. they were quite accomodating and offered a variety of services, esp for a smaller hotel. we were in a group staying here and each room was unique and well appointed. this is an ideal honeymoon spot because there are some nice little places to eat and shop. the quality of the furniture and appointments throughout are luxuriating.

Room Tip: lovely well appointed rooms in a distinctive town that is ranked #2 best place to live in America by...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 14, 2012

No designated hotel parking. We had to park a block away and walk back and forth from our car to the hotel (in the rain I might ad). Small room. No ice machine on our floor. The bed however was AWESOME!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this beautiful hotel 5 times this summer. Each time, we have gotten a great room with no window, which was nice to beat the heat! The furnishings are beautiful and every detail is cared for. Some larger hotels could learn a few things from these smaller hotels. The staff are very hospitable and have been on a first name basis with us since our second visit. We always order room service from Rick's Chophouse that is attached to the hotel. Believe me when I say the food is awesome! They let you order as late as 8:30 pm, if you prefer a late dinner. The beds are comfy, sheets are egyptian cotton, the showers are great, love the dark colors and the New Orleans feel. The manager Jose Ruiz is very accommodating. We will always stay here instead of going into Dallas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old section of the hotel, plus you get the thermostat control for your room...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We just recently spent three nights at the Grand Hotel and we LOVED it! It's such a perfect setting for this hotel. The staff was wonderful, we even ran into Debbi Matzke at a local coffee shop and she took time on her day off to say hi and chat with us. She is a great asset to your business! We loved the décor and atmosphere of the whole hotel. It was a great fusion of modern day accommodations with historical pride. It was within walking distance to great food, drinks, coffee and cute shops! I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I love the Grand Hotel. I work in hotel management and I must say that they have something truly specail at the Grand. Keep it up and we will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Loved the The Grand Hotel in McKinney! It is indeed a grand hotel. Perfect location in downtown McKinney. We only stayed one night while visiting our daughter, but i plan to stay again on our next trip to town. Beautifully restored property. Very comfortable king sleigh bed, with fantastic bedding. Free internet, and great AC! Just Beautiful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I grew up in McKinney, Texas and spent much time in downtown McKinney as a child. I recently went back to visit family and friends. I decided to spend the night at the Grand Hotel downtown for some relaxation. The staff, hotel, food, room, accomodations and friendly service were outstanding and well worth a trip back. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be pampered! A very happy customer you all made of me. Thank you kindly for such gracious hospitality. Iva in Canton, Georgia.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the old courthouse downtown is magnificant!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo