“Great place for a romantic evening!”
Review of Cafe Malaga - CLOSED

Cafe Malaga
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Davis
Description: Nestled just off the beautiful Historic Downtown Square in McKinney, Texas, Café Málaga offers a refreshing take on Mediterranean cuisine in a cozy relaxed setting.
Dallas
“Great place for a romantic evening!”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Dined here last week for dinner. Cafe Malaga is a cozy little place in downtown McKinney. The inside is bright and inviting. The staff is attentive and quirky in a fun way. The food was really great. We sampled several different things. The goat cheese stuffed piquillo peppers were by far our favorite! The taste and texture were both amazing. We also did the chicken piri-piri (which was nowhere near as spicy as I expected based on other reviews here), the grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus (nice flavor combo), the fondue (with 5 different cheeses every bite was a little different which was nice), and one of their cheese platters. Overall, it was an excellent way to sample lots of things. The atmosphere and the food sharing definitely lends itself to a romantic feel. Things came out as they were ready, so you could start sampling some while others were in process. They give you the option of a tapas size or an appetizer size -- which means you can sample more. The waitress was great about helping us pick the right size for each item. Overall, it was very laid back and not rushed -- which is great for a little place that was VERY crowded when we arrived. Definitely helps to have a reservation if you're planning for their busy time. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Texas
“My favorite restaurant in McKinney”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

Cafe Malaga has such wonderful food, I am glad they serve it in small portions so I can try many things every visit. For a long time I didn't order pizza because I thought it would be ordinary - I was wrong! Sometimes they are out of pizza if you go late, and they always have only one kind (whatever they are making that night), but I highly recommend it. The spinach is to die for, too. Even the roasted potatoes are something special. Warning - the Chicken Piri Piri is very hot (spicy). The gazpacho is very nice, and they always have some specials too.

1 Thank traveler2007Texas
“I especially like the dates wrapped in bacon. Yummy! It's a very small space, and always crowded.”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

McKinney
“Tapas in the historic district”
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Energetic, colorful setting and food spot open late just off the downtown square. Tapas and larger appetizer servings available. Prices are reasonable. They have a full bar but cater to all ages. A children's menu is offered. Our favorite is the chorizo, closely followed by the grilled cheese with capers. The cafe is small and usually humming with patrons. If you need to wait to be seated there are plenty of shops to visit next door.

2 Thank 2draw