“Hometown Favorite”

Sicily's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Sicily's has been a favorite of many McKinney-ites for years. Basic, quality Italian fare served in generous portions at great prices.

You can't beat Sicily's salad and their bread! And all your favorite Italian standards are available and delicious!

Sicily's is BYOB so you can spend under $20 for dinner with your special someone!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been visiting Sicily's in McKinney for several years now and it has become the favorite restaurant of our out-of-state visitors. Sicily's starts you off with wonderful, warm, large rolls with real butter while you await the arrival of your main course. My husband and I love a specialty dish they have (not on the menu) called Chicken Sabino. It's served in a creamy white sauce with mushrooms, onion and jalapenos. What a wonderful twist on usual Italian dishes. Family and friends have had everything from custom built heart healthy dishes to daily specials and have loved them all.
Aside from some longer waits to get a table on Friday and Saturday evenings when the place is packed, we have not experienced any service issues at Sicily's. The restaurant owners are from Italy, believe in quality food they are proud to serve, and they are very concerned with customer satisfaction.
It may be a simple little family restaurant, but they definitely focus on great food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

You have simply GOT to try this place! My wife and I live an hour north of Tyler, TX, so McKinney is a fair drive for us. Every time we do make the trip- it's always with the intent of visiting the shops (quilt stores and antiques)... and it's ALWAYS to eat at Sicily's. We just got back from spending a couple days there, and we ate at Sicily's on both Friday and Saturday. I can NOT begin to tell you how wonderful this place is... the food is nothing short of superb, the staff is very friendly, and they are always busy- which is a testiment in and of itself!

My wife just craves their Chicken Albinez (if I spelled that correctly) And I usually have their spaghetti w/ either meatballs or sausage. The servings are very large, and we normally take some home in a to-go box.

This is the first and only restaurant I've ever taken the time to rate..... What a great place!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have gone to Sicily's for the past 6 years and finally have decided I should review it after the last visit.

In short, its always yummy. The dinning room is nothing fancy but its clean and welcoming. The waitresses tend to be high school girls (or so it seems) and the service can be uneven depending on who you get.

For the pasta they have the marinara or the alfredo, but you can get the pink which is a mix of the two and I highly recommend it.

The pizza, which we had at this visit was wonderful but the thing that I don't understand and its the same with any pizzaria it seems, why are toppings $1.50 for 10-35 cents of toppings? I bet I am far from the only one that gets one or no toppings because of it, and it it was half the price I would be getting three or four toppings and they would make it up in volume. But they are far from the only one that does this.

They also have glutton free pizza as well if you have glutton issues.

Their complimentary rolls that you get with an entree, are dense and tasty but don't make good leftovers as they turn to a stone like quality overnight.

Its worth a trip and I am sure you will enjoy it as well.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been a Mckinney customer since you opened, but I will never come back, after for the 3rd time I have gotten the same incompetent waitress. We sat for a long time before we ever got a menu, my daughter order a lemonade and after hearing no flavor tea, I order just a water, 10 minutes later she comes back with only my daughters drink and says to me, did you say you wanted a drink??!! Hello water if you can't remember 2 drinks write it down or don't be a waitress. Next we had to wait forever for her to take our order, when she finally does, she doesn't go to the kitchen she talks to her friends for awhile. over 20 minutes later I ask her where our food is, she says they have to make the sauce special and takes very long time. Never took this long before!! The menu clearly states 2 rolls for each meal, I waited forever to ask her for our rolls, 15 minutes later she never brings them and is still sitting there talking to her friends. A man with his 2 daughters came in after us and before I ever got my water they gave their food order. They didn't wait half as long and got a pizza too. While this family was waiting and got their food within minutes of us waiting over 20 minutes and hadn't even been there 10 minutes before they ordered they got their food. The lousy waitress we had was sitting loudly talking and cussing & swearing loudly with those kids sitting not far from her loud voices & friends. I went up to complain about never getting the rolls for either meal, the lousy service and waitress, no apology, no sorry or I don't know whats going on. The lousy waitress has the nerve to ask me if I want the rolls, I didn't leave a tip and I've never ever done that before. It was so horrible, I couldn't believe it. I'd never go back here again, after being a customer for almost 20 years. They took my money and the attitude of who gives a poppie, we got paid.

3  Thank tj v