“Nice Surprise”
Review of Wasabi Sushi & Grill - CLOSED

Wasabi Sushi & Grill
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My sister-in-law told me about this place. Finally, a decent place, fair prices and great service. As far as service goes ...yes the waitress I dealt with definitely needs a new career. However, I always sit in front at a sushi place, so I can see everything, so no big deal. The chefs were very cordial and my order was excellent.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

the food is good but there are stains on the walls and it is just dirty...not great for a place serving raw fish.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We come from the Chicago area to McKinney to visit our daughter's family. We have been eating at Wasabi Sushi & Grill for 8 years. We eat at other sushi restaurants throughout the U.S. as we travel. Wasabi Sushi & Grill is our favorite. Their style of sushi (Texas style), the quality of the sashimi, variety of the special rolls, and the menu selections are unparalleled. The service is great. We have become familiar with the owner, Steve, his sushi chef's, and his wait staff. We love them all. This a "down-home" sushi restaurant with quality and style. We often go their for special occasions such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduation parties. Our Texas family now goes there nearly every week. We go everytime we are in Texas. We highly recommend Wasabi. It is one of the best restaurants in McKinney and by far the best sushi in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is that classic Japanese restaurant where you walk in and all the sushi chefs acknowledge your presence with a generous wave and a hello. The setting is dimly lit and quiet enough to enjoy long dinner conversation. We frequent Wasabi often when dining with a group of friends. The dinner selection is quite good and includes everything you would expect in a Japanese diner. The staff and owners work to make every visit enjoyable and we've closed the place down on many occasion. Never a bad experience for our family and friends at Wasabi Sushi. Oh and I can't forget this when living in the uptight Bible belt, this restaurant has a full bar.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been going to Wasabi Sushi and Grill for many years. I love it. I especially like to go on Wednesday nights for their 1/2 price sushi specials.