“TV Dinner Quality” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles
“TV Dinner Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Seriously, the food here was equivilent to a Banquet frozen dinner. I had a cheese enchilada, tamale, soft taco, beans and rice and it was all flavorless and unappealing. The tamale was so small and totally lost in the mound of canned chili con carne on top. The beans and rice were flavorless. I will say the cheese enchilada looked better than everything else on the table and tasted OK. They bring you very tiny bowls of complimentary "queso" which reminded me of a can cheese soup except it had zero flavor and didn't look at all like cheese. I passed on it but my nephew ate it because it was free. The chips were thicker than most mexican restaurant chips and probably had been sitting out for a while, a bit stale..

My nephew had some sort of chicken dish covered in a "cream sauce" with bell peppers with a side of rice. He liked his but he will eat anything smothered in a sauce.

The staff was OK. It's not fast food service. It took about 15 minutes to get our meals which isn't terrible. The restaurant has a dining area and separate bar seating area. The dining room had about a dozen tables, booths & self standing tables and was filthy. We went on a Sunday night after the dinner crowd so if that's an OK excuse for dirty floors then it may be OK for you. The bathroom was old and in need of repairs. The building is an old stip mall setting so nothing fancy. Reminded me of a restaurant in a small, country town in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they cater to a local crowd who isn't in to spending much money on dining out.

I will not be returning to Jalapeno's. Even Poncho's is much better. Grade: D+

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“best local mexican place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

we go here a lot. seriously, and my inlaws who are picky eaters want to eat here every time they come. Great chips, quesadillas, fresh tortillas, enchiladas, and free soft serve icecream after :)

Visited July 2012
Texas
“Right down from Trade Days...Our Usual Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is where we go to eat after walking at Third Monday Trade days,since its not to far from it on the same road.Just make a left coming out of trade days.It will be on the left in the 1500 block of W University.You do have to look for it as it is in strip mall in the back not near the road.They give you chips,salsa and a small bowl of queso.Salsa is good and the queso is basic cheese dip but I find myself eating it as is is a little something different to eat with the chips .The food is good as I esp enjoy the mexitacos.Not bad Tortilla soup either.There is two sides to the restaurant along with a bar on the right side.Not a very fancy place at all and the booth seats are a little worn but everytime I go I see lots of familys enjoying their meals,and the waiters are attentive.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Loyal customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food here is just so-so but they have appear to have a very loyal fan base amongst the locals. I hear the waiters and greeters calling people by name as they walk in the front door so they must be repeat diners!

Visited May 2012
Marble, Minnesota, United States
“Fajitas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have to admit that I had the greatest fajitas at this restaurant. They were sizzling and steaming and tasted delicious. Generous portions of food

Visited February 2012