“Okay for Texas”

Add it.
Ichiban Asian Cuisine
Ranked #133 of 325 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I'm from California so I know what great Chinese food tastes like. I keep hoping I will find some but no joy for me. That being said this isn't awful, and for Texas i guess it isn't bad. I won't be back but I'm picky.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I had ordered take out 6 times here 6 weeks in a row averaging $60 per visit and yet every time I ask for something a little outside the norm they would say yes, yes and when I got home it was never done. The next visit I would say something and then they would deny everything. Finally after the 6th visit I became fed up and told them that I would never return. Nor have I. I have to say though that the food was always good but not worth the price and aggravation each time.

Reviewed December 13, 2016

This restaurant is nestled in strip mall. Once you enter the door, you are quickly transformed to another side of the world. The presentation was excellent, and very tasty. I ordered the Cashew Chicken, and was impressed by the mix of meat and vegetables. 4 different soups are available, they being what you would expect, egg drop, hot and sour, wonton or miso. The mix of flavors was excellent. The lunch menu was fairly extensive. You can also order from the dinner menu at any time, if you want something other than the lunch specials. The wait staff was very attentive, and brought the meal out quickly, also making sure everything was to the customers satisfaction. I am happy I found this for an excellent change of pace.

Reviewed November 10, 2016

My wife and I had a late lunch and were less than impressed. She ordered tempura which was served room temp and was soggy. I had Kung Pao chicken which was served at about same temp with very little chicken to be found in the dish. It mainly consisted of bell pepper pieces. We were disappointed as we had read some pretty good reviews. Maybe the dinner menu is better. However, we won't be returning to find out.

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

We've been here multiple times for sushi and a few times for the grill and both were great. We really like the sushi selections and especially the price. We usually come here a few times a month for just sushi.