“service wasnt great but the food was good.”
Review of Hank's Texas Grill

Hank's Texas Grill
Ranked #203 of 291 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“service wasnt great but the food was good.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stopped in on our way back to Wisconsin. The girls were very pretty but the service was not, they were too busy talking to the boys. The food was very good! I wish we had a place like that in. Wisconsin! Without the bad service!

“Excellent”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am so impressed I am writing this review in the restaurant ! The service is excellent the bloody Mary's were the best around trust me I drink them at every restraunt 1 or 2 but 3 tonight the BBQ plate was amazing salad was great my son who Is a very picky eater auctually ate his whole kid meal I had the BBQ plate for 8.95 with sausage and it was amazing my husband had a sandwich with sausage and jalapeño with chopped beef it's so good we ordered and additional sandwich !!!! A definite find love it and would recommend it to any one !

Dallas, Texas
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was only customer in the place, which should have been a clue. First the service was bad. I was seated promptly near the hostess stand, but two people came in after me. One guy just left since the hostess was in the back chatting with girls.The other guy finally asked to talk to mgr but was basically waved off and dismissed, so he left as well. Waitress never came to my table except to bring food or bill. She yelled across the room to ask me what kind of dressing on my salad. And when she brought my food out, her fingers were inside the bowl touching with food. Secondly the food was bad. The ranch dressing was a solid mass like sour cream, and it was lumpy like it was mixed with mayo and not very well. Salad is supposed to be cool, but it was icy and hurt my teeth to chew. The stuffed potato was burned and tasted microwaved. The chicken on it was dry and tasted microwaved as well. I couldnt ask for anything since they were all in kitchen giggling and chatting instead of paying attention to customers....or lack of any but me. Finally prices were way over priced. I was charged $4 for a side salad that was froze with clumpy ranch. Then $8 for a burned potato that tasted microwaved. At least water was priced right....free!

I wish I had read reviews before going. See other reviews on other sites with similar experiences as mine. Defintely would not recommend

Mckinney
“gotta love Hanks”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great place to get together and have some cocktails and bar food. The food is always hot, the service is very attentive, and the entertainment is top notch especially for such a small venue.

Catfish platter, Mac & Cheese, and fried pickles would be my order if I were there right now.

• Visited January 2014
McKinney, Texas
“Average food but fun atmosphere”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just moved to Texas and this looked like a fun place to try out. We love local hole in the wall joints. We tried Hanks for lunch. Place was empty so we had great service and everything came out quick. Food was average, nothing spectacular.... but not bad. Loved the fun country atmosphere. We will be back to check out the night life.

Been to Hank's Texas Grill? Share your experiences!