“Great Local Restaurant”

Hank's Texas Grill
Ranked #202 of 287 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Leonard, Texas
“Great Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We go to Hanks fairly often. You can always depend on good burgers and drinks.....and a ooh time. Weekends has live music.

1 Thank Jack2148

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great BBQ sauce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We went to Hank's on our last night in TX. Wish we would have gone earlier so we could of had some of their great bbq sauce twice! I had the sliced brisket sandwich and my husband and son had the chopped beef sandwich. They bring a rack of sauces to the table and you add your own. All were good but I used the sweet one. Both my husband and son mixed the sweet with the spicy. The prices were good and so was the service. We will definitely be going back when we drive through McKinney in December.

They need to bottle their sauce or sell the recipe. Rudy's has nothing on Hank's.

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Very disappointed in the food and staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Having driven by Hank's almost every day for the last two years, I was anxiously looking forward to my first visit with a few friends. Hank's has a great web site, which presented an inviting and friendly hang-out for friends. Quite the opposite was the case on the evening we visited.
The waitress serving us clearly lacked personality. She was given a compliment by one of my friends at the table and immediately fired back that she was offended by the compliment. My friend sincerely made the remark as a genuine compliment, to which the waitress replied, "I would rather you say I look like Michelle Obama - I like her!" My friend was taken aback by the waitress' reply and then proceeded to question the waitress regarding her political views. Would someone please tell the management at Hank's to train their staff to not engage in political conversations with patrons? After learning of the waitress' political views - along with getting a lecture from this 18-year-old Obama wannabe - our dinner was ruined. Not only did the waitress respond rudely to a genuine compliment, she also lectured our table in politics. Needless to say, we will not be going to Hank's in the near future.
Oh, and the food? For the life of me, I can't remember how the food tasted because the waitress' attitude and demeanor left such a poor taste in my mouth...

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank angelfitz
Leonard, Texas
“Good Food - Good Music - Fun Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Took a small group in to Hank's this week. The service was better than average, the food is good is you stick to the basics: burgers, BBQ, Rings and Fries. The CFS looked pretty good too. I would definitely go back. Didn't stay late enough to catch the music but lots of people were gathering to see the band.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Jack2148
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great atmosphere, music, food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

One of our favorite places to listen to live, Texas music. They have great BBQ brisket, too. And the waitress are awesome. Call ahead of time and reserve a table. Depending on the band playing it can get busy and you'll enjoy it more with a table. Either way we've never been disappointed.

• Visited July 2011