“Tried twice and very disappointed”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Okada Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #188 of 325 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

We have tried Okada Japanese restaurant twice and are very disappointed. We felt the food was ok but overpriced, the chef not very good compared to other places. Also our group of 8 was asked to leave because others were waiting! It was a birthday celebration and we were still talking. They took my soup before I was done and took the Saki before it was finshed. We felt rushed and hurried out. The calamari steak is not good, the vegetables are almost all zucchini, we were disappointed both visits and I do not plan to return. When we pay over 20 for each dinner we expect more.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I went to this place with a party of six meat eaters, knowing that almost every tepan-yaki steakhouse I have been to has a veggie option on the menu. It usually includes a bit of tofu or at least a special mixture of vegetables that are cooked as a main.

What I got was an extra scoop of the standard veggies that come with every meal. Utterly ridiculous and rather duplicitous that this is sold as a "meal".

On top of that our chef was the most boring, and frankly rude person I have ever encountered in one of these restaurants. I am not even sure I got an onion volcano, which is just unfathomable, let alone a shrimp flip to the pocket.

Not going back here...

Reviewed March 5, 2016

I have not had the sushi and so cannot comment on that, but the hibachi is a standard affair. As with any such experience, some chefs are more entertaining than others, but I've rarely had an off experience. My #1 wish for all hibachi places is to have brown rice, but other than that I find the hibachi here is very well done. Competitors in and out of town (Shogun, Benihana) can have a strange creamy consistency or otherwise just don't quite have the right taste. The lunch is an excellent value... the dinner arguably less so. Ideally, come for lunch, then, rather than dinner. I ate here for the first time since they opened in the mid-2000s, and the standards have been remarkable consistent from the Korean proprietor.

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

Stay away from this place horrible service and customer service! We walked in at 9:05 and this lady said were closed when the door clearly stated 10:00. I said the door says 10 and she said my chefs are done and there cleaning the grills. I stated it doesn't matter there's still almost an hour until close and we can order to go. She said no were done then I asked who she was and she said the owner. She has no clue on how to treat her customers and needs to move back to Japan were she belongs!

Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

For the money stick to Benihanas and the drive from McKinney. I went for dinner and felt like I was at a "wing" bar. Patrons are under dressed and the place was borderline dirty.